Diablo II: Resurrected - MacOS(?)

Any timeline on when D2 will be available on MacOS?? I have the original D2 on CD and would love to either be able to play the old game on my system or the new D2: Resurrected.
Additionally, would I be able to use the old CD keys for D2 for a discount on D2: Resurrected when it’s ready for MacOS??

8 Likes

The way things look at the moment I would not get my hopes up.

Which is a shame, it would have been an instant buy for me if they did.

I think the M1 would have handed it ok and future Apple Silicone will have it even easier.

1 Like

No. Diablo 2 (2000) or LoD (2001) do not give discounts on D2R. Blizzard is not discontinuing either of the old ones so people can still play what they bought.*

*Exception is Mac. Diablo 2 can no longer be played on newer Macs

D2R and several other Blizzard games don’t have Mac support listed at all. So there is no news, and you should not get your hopes up any time soon.

Note: MVPs are other players, not Blizzard staff. MVPs do not represent Blizzard or speak for Blizzard.

1 Like

I agree… best we can hope for at this moment is that Diablo Immortal will run on the M1 Desktop machines as they can run iPad Apps.

1 Like

Nope, we’re screwed !!!

1 Like

No available at the moment, sadly. Let’s see in the coming weeks if they can find a way :pray: :pray:

1 Like

One trick you might be able to employ on an M1 Mac is using a free QEMU-based app called UTM to emulate an older system and install Diablo 2 on that. You would simply need an image of the CD to install and play any of those classic Blizzard games on such an emulated system. UTM also happens to support running various versions of Mac OS, most notably Mac OS 9.2, so you could even try playing the Mac versions of them that way. Otherwise, a Windows VM is also a good option, and probably more stable at the moment than a Mac VM due to the state of development of each system type in QEMU. I have had Warlords Battlecry 3 running pretty well in a Windows VM on my M1 Mac Mini, but have not tested my old Blizzard games on it yet.

If I wanted to run Windows versions, I would buy one. Blizzard is steadily dropping games and support for Apple. Overwatch and D2R are examples - Windows ONLY ! Don’t expect Diablo 4 to be available om Mac’s !

Same here
Why do I have to install some weird lame emulator to run some windows based app that I hated for ?

Blizzard should be the one keep up with their macOS app development

I don’t know what is this company doing

Apple ARM 64 with macOS have that supreme performance and all these people in the gaming industry are just slacking around to avoid it , seriously ???

Where the F is the macOS version ? Microsoft should fired all employees and disband Blizzard if they don’t want to do their job

1 Like

This game is simply not optimized properly for Mac.

Blizzard please make D2R compatible with macOS or fix D2/D2LOD (2000) to work with current OS. Absolute disgrace D2 has been completely snuffed out for this platform.

Regarding the old CD keys for D2, it’s uncertain if they will be eligible for a discount on D2: Resurrected when it becomes available on MacOS. It would be best to keep an eye on official announcements from Blizzard or reach out to their support team for more information on this matter.

I know the anticipation is high, and many of us are excited to dive back into the world of Diablo 2. Let’s hope the wait won’t be too much longer, and we’ll be able to experience the game on MacOS soon!

1 Like