Diablo II installer File Doesnt work right

I purchased Diablo 2 LOD from the blizzard shop,

it gave me a key, the downloader_diablo.exe downloaded and i ran it as an administrator,

as soon as it started up, the following errors popped up.

Script Error: Object doesnt support property method or Keys
Script Error: Script Error, URL: (Extremely long URL not gonna post it here)

once i got passed them it downloaded the installer files, i click run as administrator on the Installer and loads up the pop up window where it says Play Diablo 2, exit installer, etc…

When i click on play diablo 2, nothing happens, i tried unistalling and nothing happened there.

I paid 10.59 for this and it should be working… i may have to ask for a refund if it cant get it to run on my windows 10 laptop.

Hey there,

The Script Errors are a known issue with the old Diablo 2 installer, but they do not affect the install process so you can just bypass them.

If the game does not launch when clicking the Play button it may be due to security software preventing the game from running properly. If you are using any anti-virus or security software try temporarily disabling the real-time protection or shields, and then see if the game will launch again.

There should be a Diablo 2 icon that was placed on your desktop during the install as well. Try right-clicking and selecting run as admin on the desktop shortcut to run it from there.

I tried bypassing them and got the same problem trying to load the game… clicking play diablo ii LOD does nothing. I tried disabling my Anti-virus software for the moment before redownloading and installing and still got the same issue. I even tried doing all this on another computer that was just freshly installed with windows 10 a month ago and that actually worked. Why this worked after everything else had failed is a mystery…

Hi all!
I had the same behavior of the installer and also during the installation process. Reason why without any installation the installer just said “play diablo2: LOD”: I had an old version of Diablo2 and Diablo2: LOD installed. After deleting/uninstalling the old directory I got “buy Diablo2”.
Why is that?
You need to download and install Diablo2 first. Diablo2 LOD does not work without the main game - it’s an expansion.
So make sure to download and install both games after deleting old instances of the game/expansions. You can keep your old char saves by copying the saves dir.
Have fun looting and leveling!