[Diablo II] Cannot download client

I’m having issues aswell. when i click on the zip folder that downloaded from the website it opens the downloader application but then opens a folder for me to select a file to download. Im using a mac computer

When I’m trying to open the client, I’m getting: The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information. [Mac OS]

1 Like

I get a “Network error” every time I try to download the battle.net app and the D2 installer… Apparently we’re all in the same boat, having bought the game but not even being able to play it.

I have the same issue.
Whats going on Blizzard!!!

I was in the same boat as u guys but i just keep trying to download the file over and over and somehow it work !! Like decard cain said : Stay a while and keep trying ( or something like that eh ? )

same, one of the worst download expierences I ever had.

When I open the .zip file, I get a downloader. I get a message that “downloader needs to be updated” and closes out. Working on reinstalling D2 and LOD after restoring my Macbook.

I am unable to download my Diablo 2 client. Having the same issue as everyone else apparently.

Yeah, I’m having these issues as well. Can’t download Diablo II or Warcraft III; tried on Chrome, Firefox and Edge.

1 Like

Blizzard - I just paid for a copy of Diablo 2 - Lord of destruction only to find out your installer won’t download… I have cleared the cache. I have removed the old download attempts. I have tried different browsers. Nothing

THIS is the reason I have always pirated games in the past!! Pathetic customer support, etc. I want the game I paid for, is that too much to ask?

5 Likes

This is crazy. I paid and am on my account. The download fails after 2mb… I have my old CDs and download that way but that’s v1.0 and I need the update… Unreal

Same issue here, had to reinstall windows and now I can’t get my classic games back!

Same issue here. I’ve been trying for days, now.

+1, can’t downland D2

Im having the same problem. Cant DL any classic games. I have cleared my cache and tried on two different browsers. Always stops after about 2 mb and says “Network Failure”

Blizzard please need a solution, we cannot download the game from the website. We want to play D2.

Same for me, Blizzard. When I try and download it, it says : Downloader_Diablo2_Lord_of_Destruction_enUS.exe Failed. Even if I try to restart my pc, it doesn’t work. Please help me !

Same problem for me too. Please fix!

Waiting for a fix as well. Contacted support last night and instead of telling me how to fix the problem, closed the ticket when they saw I was on a Mac. It’s not like I don’t have more than one computer…

this was in nov of 19 its april 2020 still no solution? can we get a refund if we choose.

1 Like