Diablo 4 no high quality texture option available

Only low or medium selection is available for “texture quality” and i have the high res pack installed.

5 Likes

Same issue here, and many people having the same issue

my PC:

RX 6700 XT 12GB VRAM
16 GB RAM
1920*1080 Monitor

same on me but I think its because of 16 gb of ram

All ppl on discord who got 24 or 32gb ram have the high option

Can confirm

Upgraded from 16 gb ram to 32 gb ram and i got high textures option

My God what a honey for my eyes :smiley:

Hello,
I confirm this, only medium textures with RTX 3060ti and 16GB of RAM, put extra 8GB from different Pc and now i can use HIGH textures (24 GB ram total) but… pefrormance is bad, FPS fps drop, need to activate DLSS to maintain 60 fps, 80% CPU usage (I5 12400), 80% usage, and 23GB of RAM in us… thats little bit to much I think

Ryzen 5600 +16gb ram +3060 ti , 2k , Graphics = max , textures = high , run like butter 60fps all time ( I have it limited because my monitor is 60hz) ,and of course native 2k , NO dlss.

yeah, i’ve only low texture option with 8gb ram. still vomiting after hours of gameplay huh.
got those extra 40gb of textures for no reason

I cannot load high res textures either, here’s my build to compare notes:

• XFX Triple Dissipation Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
  • TEAMGROUP T-Force Dark Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
  • GIGABYTE G32QC 32" 165Hz 1440P Curved

It claims 8GB VRAM is the requirement for " High" (which my card has exactly) however I get NO OPTION AT ALL and Texture Quality stuck at Low. Not even Medium (3GB VRAM) is an option.

I think this whole VRAM or RAM requirement thing is an urban legend because I have seen people with 4 gigs of ram and 2 gigs of vram get the option for ultra settings and I can’t even get high texture and shadow quality.

Hey guys.
First of all I had the same problem, but I found a solution.
In my case I could only select up to medium for a texture quality setting.
I have 16 GB RAM, GTX 1660 super ventus xs oc, amd ryzen 6 2600 @ 4gz.
But medium textures look like diablo 2.
At first I chose not to download HQ Textures because I misread their description and thought they were only fit for 4k resolution, but turns out they’re just an OG HD texture pack (I think) like they used to do back 10 years ago in other titles. To cut to the point, I went into task manager and realised I only had 8gb of ram and 1 of 4 DIMM slot used.
Went into windows settings, and saw I still only had 8gb of ram.
I thought wait ? Do I only have 8 gb of ram ? Are these 4gbx2 ? So I checked and turns out NO. I have 8gb x2 of course. So I reseated my ram in the correct slots and back after starting up launched my game, there we go, I can even pick Ultra setting. As for the shadow quality.
I hope this will help some. AND NO, you don’t need 32 gb of ram to enable ultra settings.