Diablo 2 wont run?

when I click on D2 icon i’m getting "Unable to proceed . unsupported graphics mode. " I have windows 10 and nvidia graphics in my laptop

1 Like

I am having the same problem. Installed the game, and it crashes immediately when opened.

Howdy!

This error normally occurs due to a conflict when the game is reaching out for resources to generate the window and run. I’d recommend the following actions:

• Make sure to disable any overly programs like Overwolf and Evolve.

• If you are using a TV for a display, this issue can be caused by the current resolution not matching the default (native) resolution of the TV. For example:

• Current Mode: 1768 x 992 (32 bit) (30Hz)
    • Native Mode: 1920 x 1080§ (60.000Hz)
      Make sure the Monitor or TV is set to its native(Default) resolution, and that Windows/Nvidia control panel are all showing the same resolution.
  • Finally setting the shortcut to open in windowed mode can help resolve this problem. Right click on the Diablo II: Lord of Destruction shortcut and choose properties. In the target box after the last quotation, press the space bar once and type in -w

Your target line should look something like “C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe” -w

Thank you!

6 Likes

I’m getting the same error, but no overlay program is running. I’m running Win 10, and was getting error 25 before, but started running in compatibility mode under win 7 and even XP sp3, but still giving me graphics errors. Tried in windowed mode as well, and still not allowing to run. Also, can’t submit ticket thru the support area cause it won’t let me click submit… How do I fix this or get a refund on the money I just spent on buying this game? it’s the base D2, no LOD downloaded or purchased.

1 Like

if you have a modern CPU, you could try running D2 with the built-in graphics unit. right-click your shortcut and look for an option that says something like “run with graphics card” and then try each one.

What if i don’t want it in windowed mode? Is there a way to play it full screen?

4 Likes

This worked. Good call.

[Edited by Moderator]
This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.