Diablo 2 still won't let me connect to Battle.net after 4 days of waiting

So I’ve been dealing with this for the last 4 days now and it’s making me pull my hair out. I’ve reinstalled Diablo 2, waited passed 24 hours to try and connect. And still no idea what’s going on with my game. My serial key is legitimate and yet I’m still not able to login to BattleNet for days now.

I was only able to login once on an older version of Diablo 2 and then once it updated my Diablo 2 to 1.14D I tried reconnecting and it constantly says this.

“Checking versions…”

then it says this after a minute of waiting.

“BattleNet is not responding. Please try connecting again in a few minutes.”

This has been really upsetting since I literally just pulled out this game and been trying to play for days now and just won’t let me.

Too my knowledge I’ve done nothing to have this happen by the way, so I’m completely unsure what’s causing this constant error.

Is your network business or residential? Also you’re not trying to connected with a VPN or any other cloud-based network are you? If you’re not on a business network or using a VPN try unplugging your router and your modem for 60 sec

Ayyy Veovix. I am using Rise Broadband business as my home network. I have no other choice since other residential plans besides business has a data limit and there currently no other ISP near me. Rise Broadband is my only option sadly.

Also I don’t have any VPN’s. I have tried unplugging my router though many times and it still won’t let me connect. I also waited a long time (Like 13 days or so I believe) and tried connecting again to Battlenet and still getting the error.

I hope using a business plan isn’t really the problem for me because their residential plans are terrible.

1 Like

I am having this same issue. Checking versions endlessly even after reinstalling and opening up ports. This is really frustrating.