Diablo 2 Resurrected WON'T INSTALL

I have plenty of space on my SSD, so I know this isn’t a problem. I have up-to-date drivers on everything. I’ve restarted both the Bnet app and my PC several times since this game’s release, and yet THIS GAME WON’T EVEN INSTALL. I’ve done every thing the troubleshooting as recommended, and still nothing works. I click “install” and it shows me the file location and file size, but when I click “start install” it just sticks on the little Bnet loading circle. I’ve left it for several hours, thinking it just needed time, but it never started. Can someone please shed some light on this issue? I’d really hate to have to get a refund on a game I’ve waited THIS long to play.

2 Likes

Try downloading D2R beta version first, maybe it can work.

I had the beta installed to begin with. I uninstalled it after this issue persisted for several hours, thinking it would help, but it did not.

Dont bother trying to install. Game is FUBAR’d anyways and Blizz dont care, they just need our money to pay off their sexual harassment lawsuits

1 Like

I have the same problem, help is needed here too :confused:

1 Like

I just went ahead and requested a refund, even though Blizzard is saying nothing I have is eligible for one. I’m just sick of dealing with this, and sick of Blizzard in general. New World comes out in a few days, anyway, so I’m just going to move on from this.

It’s usually an app conflict blocking the install. I’ve helped resolve this issue many times already, always an app on the PC itself.

Since there’s no DxDiag in this post, I can’t do any troubleshooting. But you can look at it on your own – check the error reporting at the end.

I tried disabling all my security apps just in case those were blocking it but the install still wont start

I had the exact same issue, no special antivirus. I solved it by changing windows security settings for the battle.net executable.
Windows Security → App & browser control → Exploit protection → Exploit protection settings → Program settings. I added here a customized rule for the battle net executable , overriding all security controls and putting them off. Afterwards I restarted the battle.net client and the install was starting. Hope it helps others as well.

1 Like

Thanks ss18, your suggestion fixed my install and I just removed the exe exploit protection afterwards , cheers