Diablo 2 LOD Rename Character Not Working

The rename character link/form is not working. I have tried numerous times to click the link, and I have done it the way I always did it before and it always worked. Now it is not working. Any information on this?

I wanted to clarify. I receive the link from the email where it shows me the “character I am renaming, diablo 2 account and then a space where I can write in the new name”

Once I delete my character on diablo 2 and I wait about 10 seconds and hit enter on that form, it then says “character with that name is already on the realm” But I know it is not because I just deleted it.

Thank you

I once had that problem. The link was dead and wouldn’t launch to the website.

I had to right-click on the form and choose “View Page Source” which brought up the code used for the email. I found the link in that and copy/pasted it to my browser and it worked.

This was Win 7 using Firefox.

It may be some kind of security setting that causes the problem but I didn’t ever find out.

The other issue that I’ve had with Blizzard is when it does work, but goes to a page that says something like…

“Uh Oh. Looks like everyone is out to lunch, please try again later.”

In that case I just kept trying for a couple days and it finally took me to the proper page.

(I edited my original post)

Hey, Thank you so much for the info and trying to help out @Gidbinn!

I don’t think that is the issue because other people are having this problem. Also, the form goes to “request error, xxx character is already created on that realm”.

Like it goes through, there is nothing I have done different this time but I had this issue last week and now this week and other people in the community also.

Again, I have done it before with no issues, It has been recently messing up.

It has something to do with blizzard. Thank you

Yeah, I wasn’t sure what you were seeing and also this same thing was posted about one week ago by “patrickdm” It’s just below this posting in the list.

So, I went on USWest and did the rename and it worked perfectly.

But, I just tested it again twice tonight and now it’s saying that ‘cannot process … try again later.’

The system does require you to log off for at least 10 mins, before attempting to change the name.

Once you type the command, just log off for a while, and then try the link again.

There is also a limit on how many times you can do a name change per week. I think it’s 1 per week, but can’t remember.

Yes Gidbinn. I did everything perfect. logged off for 15 MInutes, Clicked Link, Deleted Char, Waited 10 seconds, Hit Enter on form. No Go. Says name is already on east. Thats where I am East Non Ladder. Also, if it is too early to do another name change they won’t even let you enter the command in channel. So It is 100% something on blizzards/bnets side.

Is there a moderator that can answer this for me?

Thank you.

1 Like

Same here. I’ve even attempted to use random names that aren’t in use or sought over and it’s the same thing.

I used to use this function flawlessly when the cool down period was up on my main account to rename each class; plus random impulse characters I’ve made.

Definitely on the Blizzard side but hopefully it’s an easy fix.

1 Like

Anything @Blizzard? I haven’t heard anything from anyone and I would like to check in/follow up on my post please.

Thank you

July 17th 2020. US East Ladder"rename-character" command is now working for me.

Thanks for the update gibbinn! How am I going to get 20 character minimum…Oh :smiley:

Us east non ladder right?

Hi.
This is still a thing, please fix.

Hi. As from Germs mentioned. This is still a thing and many ppl are waiting for a statement, any information about this. Please help.

1 Like

Still unsolved issue. Still waiting for any information.

Still having this issue…any update?

Same issue, @blizzard 5 months no answer, any chance you guys can stop not giving a hoot?

I heard it takes 2 weeks now after you delete the name, which is ridiculous they pretty much nerfed the rename function by doing that.