Diablo 2 LoD Please Help!

Hey there,

It looks like the penalty was placed several days before the purchase for whatever reason. Here are a few likely causes of the issue:

• Third party CD key was used
  • Private server client was used
  • VPN/Proxy service was used

More details on these restrictions can be found here.

None of that applys to myself or my brother at all. Ive got the digital receipts for my BLIZZARD PURCHASESā€¦ Private client? Nope downloaded it from the classic clients section on YOUR WEBSITE. VPN/Proxy ? Dont use themā€¦ It sure as hell wasnt these two reasons

• Scrolling through skill selection too quickly using the mouse wheel
  • Repeatedly leaving an area and coming back to change shop or gambling items
    We cant even make characters and connect to a gameā€¦ Your response is the same blatant BS response every blue is giving out and it doesnt make sense because none of it applys to myself and alot of others, you guys are REALLY DROPPING THE BALL.

This is the exact same, frustrating problem Iā€™m having. Iā€™m not using a VPN. Iā€™m not using any kind of shady hacks or cheating. Iā€™m just trying to play the game I paid $21 for. I donā€™t care if itā€™s old. Because itā€™s being advertised as still having online access. I was banned 2 days ago and I still canā€™t get on. For doing nothing wrong at all. At least return my money. This is ridiculous.

Hello. Well, Iā€™ve had some troubles myself. Is your client updated to 1.14d?
If not, download and install the 1,14d patch and try again.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7836?utm_source=internal-TechForum&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=solution

Choose Diablo II and download the suitable patch (if you have LoD or not, just choose one). Install and try again. Worked for me.

Sorry if you already tried that, didnā€™t have time to read the whole topic.

Good Luck!

This whole banning system is trash much like the customer service we receive. Claiming someone gets IP banned BEFORE purchasing the game, before PLAYING the game, before LOGGING IN for the FIRST time, yet it is totally the players fault and their ISPā€¦ Not some janky a$$ software that bans players that JUST purchased the game or THAT HAVENT PURCHASED IT YET

1 Like

Everyone! Here is your solution.

3 Likes

Activision-Blizzard, everyone. Golfclap

Also, Iā€™m in the same boat as yā€™all. Instant DC at ā€˜Checking Versionsā€™. It never ends.

1 Like

It looks like this post was made from a Business network. This network type is prohibited due to the frequency which they are abused. The penalty should expire automatically. The best way to prevent it from happening again would be to play from a home network instead.

ā€œIt looks like this post was made from a Business network.ā€
ā€”
As far as this post is concerned, I am homeless.

Thanks, Activision-Blizzard.

Jakeito,

If this wasnā€™t done from a business/corporate/other public network, it means your IP address is misflagged in IP address lookups. Youā€™d want to talk to your ISP to get that fixed and get a residential IP address instead. This isnā€™t something we can work around in support - itā€™s intentionally designed this way to prevent hacker nets from abusing the system and doing things like ruining the game economy/progression.

What I gather from this, as expected from blizzard, is that the only things they ever do are automated horse :poop: and when itā€™s time to get off their booty and work to solve the problems they Ā« just canā€™t Ā» and Ā« the only resolution is to wait Ā».

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong

Shammallama - i have been reading alot about your D2 struggles, same as mine - was this the ultimate solution you had to getting on ??? [quote=ā€œEvilHakik-1431, post:1, topic:1919, full:trueā€]
Hello, Just purchased cd keys for myself and my brother in hopes to play, But i just keep getting " Disconnected from battlenet" non stop, i dont get it is there no online servers anymore?
[/quote]