[Diablo 2] Cannot Connect

I reviewed Temporary Play Restrictions in Diablo II (2000) - Blizzard Support (battle.net), so no need to link me there.

I was playing the new ladder season and random got booted to checking version for a long period of time. I tried to restart the game and couldn’t connect. I then tried to connect to a VPN thinking something would help there, little did I know this is not allowed. I went to another location to connect, and with a fresh install on a new computer, I couldn’t even connect there. It must be linked to my CD Keys, which is ridiculous. I am hopeful D2 Resurrected won’t have this problem, because 90% of people on consoles will run in to this.

Can support please let me know how long I have to wait, I’m missing out on the ladder season.

Thank you,

14 Days later I still cannot connect. I am on a different internet connection from when I accidently used a VPN. I even tried a new CD Key. I think that my home internet may have an issue also. I remember trying to play a couple years ago and not being able to. I think there is an issue with AT&T Fiber that Bnet thinks I am a business. Please advise, thank you.

Hey PoRt,

Restrictions come in different forms and lengths depending on what causes them. To find out if you are restricted and for how long, you can submit a support ticket to inquire. You can use this support ticket .

There are several required fields in order to submit: (assuming Windows) Traceroute upload, DXDIAG upload, MSINFO upload and a Description.

The three file uploads aren’t needed for this kind of inquiry. So, you can

1. manually create three text files,
  2. name them with their respective names,
  3. put something inside them (anything will do, they just can’t be blank inside),
  4. upload

Then type your question in the “Description” field and submit it. Make sure you reach the confirmation screen.

Thanks for that link. I created a ticket with all the details, such as a tracert.