Diablo 2: banned for using a cafe WifI

So I got a two week temp ban from playing at a cafe because I did not know the WiFi was a VPN (also did not know you could get banned for even being on a VPN)…how ridiculous. Of course Blizzard support is worse than Comcast/xfinity and have no solution to provide.

This system of banning ONLY harms legitimate players. The point of making this ban was to ban botters but people who know how to bot can hide their IP…frustrating but thats a whole other rant that I will post later.

I am asking Blizz if they are willing to provide some sort of solution like a new CD key or something but assuming the answer is no because they are not customer oriented and seem to only care about what products generate the most revenue.

So my question is…

Now that I am back home on my wifi which is not a VPN, if I buy a new CD Key will I still be able to play? (Ironically the only way around their flawed system is to give them MORE money).

If I tried logging into my CD Key on my home wifi, is that IP address now banned for 2 weeks too?

Everytime I try to log in does my ban timer reset?

Ultimately, if i drop $20.00 will I be able to play again or do I have to wait two weeks for all my mules and temp characters to expire to play again… Unfortunately it is worth the $20.00 if that is what it takes to get back in the game again…

Please help. Thanks.