Diablo 1 GoG battle.net issue

I’ve been playing D1 on battle.net for a few weeks or so now but starting today I’ve had a new issue.

When I try to connect to battle.net, it’s stuck on “checking versions.” Then it brings up a message telling me that I can’t connect right now and I should try again in a few minutes.

I believe I accidentally clicked something though… Before the game launches, it says something like, “allow this app to make changes to your device?” and I’ve always clicked “YES” before. But today, I believe that I’ve accidentally clicked “NO.” So upon starting D1 again and clicking “YES” it stopped working, seemingly permanently.

I may have not done that though, I may have clicked “YES” but the game just didn’t launch for some reason, and upon trying to launch it again, bnet hasn’t worked since.

I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. I have removed my port forward rules and added them back again. I can’t think of anything else to try.

1 Like

Warcraft 2 GoG battle.net also does not work today all day, probably the same issue. Blizzard, what is going on!?

War2 Battle.Net is also not working at the moment. It is stuck at “verifying CD-key”.

Since I and my friends are using classic bnet weekly, we would really appreciate a fix.

Hey all,

I poked a few people to look into this. I think something had to be adjusted but should be working now. Please let us know if that’s not the case.

1 Like

It’s working! Thanks so much!