Diablo 1 GOG Battle.net not responding

UPDATED NOVEMBER 2nd: Another response from GOG saying they have reached out to Blizzard again:

Genoan
Hello

I don’t have much new info, only that our Product Team contacted Blizzard and they will investigate.
I’m unable to provide an ETA for the fix.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards
Genoan

I asked GOG, they gave me a non-answer. They said to ask Blizzard, yet Blizzard does not have the option to run a traceroute with Diablo 1, it doesn’t list the IP address under classic games. Where is the Global Gateway for Diablo 1?

I have all the ports opened they insist is the problem, the game has been running fine for months. Ports 6112-6119 are OPEN.

Running Windows 10, have no upgraded anything, other people on the GOG forums are having the same issue with Diablo 1 saying battle.net is not responding after it says “checking versions” for about 1-2 minutes. Blizzard, can you please help?

Howdy!

Our port data can be found Here which it appears you got correct. I believe they may of been some confusion with GoG’s support, you may get a better response on the game’s direct forums Here as it appears some other reports are showing up.

Thanks!

I have posted there, and they are telling me Blizzard is responsible by email, have they contacted you?

Hello

I’m the Tech Support Supervisor.
The bnet functionality and support for it is on Blizzard’s end.
We have asked our Product Team to contact Blizzard and ask them to investigate this issue as we are not able to fix it on our end.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards
Genoan

“GOG” never, a remember, never a full confirm this ports.

Hey there Syzer,

We have a number of different servers for Classic games. We cannot provide internal IP addresses however the domains are all listed on this page.

My best advice would be to test a different network such as a friend’s house, internet cafe, wifi hotspot, or similar. This will help determine if the issue is related to the local network vs the computer itself.

Keep in mind that VPN, Hosting, and Business networks are prohibited for classic games due to the frequency which they are abused. Please avoid using any of these types of networks if at all possible as they will not work.

UPDATED NOVEMBER 1ST: Another response from GOG saying they have reached out to Blizzard again:

Genoan

Nov 1, 11:36 CET

Hello

I don’t have much new info, only that our Product Team contacted Blizzard and they will investigate.
I’m unable to provide an ETA for the fix.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards
Genoan

GOG acknowledged the issue and in my email above said they have reached out to Blizzard. Many people on the GOG discussion board are having the same issue. I tested connecting Diablo 1 at two of my friends, where they had the game themselves and had no issues with battle.net until recently. When is this going to be fixed. Please respond to GOG reaching out to you. The issue is not our network. It is Blizzard’s.

I have the same problem with battle.net I can’t start. Anyone know if blizzard already solved it?