Desktop app icon is showing as white paper

Hello,

I just noticed after reinstalling the battlenet app on my laptop, that is showing as a white paper instead of regular icon…
I tried several methods I found on forums and other locations for this type of problem, but issue remains.

I had a suspicion, that it was probably due to battlenet was previously installed on another drive that is now removed. The icon appeared when I reinstalled it on USB drive. Tried reinstalling and installing, white icon appeared again.

Can you please help?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Hey, Anorek! It sounds like you might be right on it being installed on the USB drive likely caused this problem and it’s no longer detected under the USB drive. It should be a fairly easy fix to detect it under the new install location. Have you try checking for the icon itself?

1. Open the Blizzard Application and right click on the File Icon
  2. You should see a full list of games, then at the bottom Battle.net or Blizzard, right click on this and go to Properties.
  3. Under the Shortcut tab, click on Change Icon
  4. On the “Look for icons in this file,” Browse for the Blizzard Application location. By default, this should be under:
    %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Battle.net\Battle.net.exe
  5. Press Enter and you should see the Blizzard Icon from the list.
  6. Click OK, then Apply and OK again to save.

This should bring up the icon again for the Blizzard Application.

5 Likes

Hello,

Thank you, managed somehow to find the shortcut properties of that missing icon.
Set the correct file path and now it is working ok!

Hello,

Or just go where you have installed the game, open the battle.net app - you should see the icon in the taskbar, then close it (but not to try - minimized) and open the launcher app from desktop.

That worked for me :slight_smile:

What do you mean open the blizzard app and right click the file icon, I open up blizzard app and the game launcher opens and there is no file icon there. I go to the install folder and right click on the shortcuts and then there is no shortcut tab. Also my games are in the previous folder than the shortcuts are in.

1 Like

Anyways, all I did was delete the desktop shortcut, then I went to the install folder for battle.net, then I right click dragged the battle.net.exe to the desktop and created a shortcut that way and now the stupid icon is correct.