D2:R tech Alpha

I installed the game but anytime i try to launch it, it just shuts right back down. Any ideas?

2 Likes

I’m also running into this issue. I’ve attempted ‘Scan and Repair’ and have even uninstalled and reinstalled.

I also have this exact same issue. have done scan and repair, no dice. Have also uninstalled and reinstalled. NEED THIS FIXED ASAP PLEASE

I am having the same issue. I tried all their troubleshooting suggestions, and none of them allow the game to load successfully.

I’m hoping for a fix to this. My game is doing the same thing, and I’ve tried uninstall/reinstall, scan and repair, updating, etc. Nothing is working.

I’m on the same situation. First it took me ages to download the game and actualizing. Then, the same, it started running, but at the end I just heard to the sound of blizzard intro (I used to play DII so I know those sounds) but nothing is seen, the screen is in blank, then it closes, as much as I try is the same. Now I see I’m not alone in this!

I am seeing the blizzard screen, then a screen with Diablo II on fire. Then there is a placeholder and it exits the game from there.

I am having the same issue talked to a friend who also got into the tech alpha and he is having the same issue. I click play, game opens with a black screen and instantly closes. Have re installed, even tried installing on a different hard drive SSD and regular, also updated all drivers on PC still no fix. Worth noting that no error log is created, tried multiple command line arguments including windowed , no sound , rescap , log, and safe mode, etc.

Has anyone found a fix for this im having the same issue

[Sinfytech] offers SEO,SEM,SMM and Web Design Services to clients.Expert SEO Agency. When it comes to SEO, Sinfytech is a top-ranked SEO agency, dedicated to your SEO success.

my issue is somewhat different… I can launch the game, all the intro videos play, then I see the main menu and a message, which I have to confirm with OK.
the moment I click on OK, my PC just completely shuts down and restarts after a second.
this happens everytime.

EDIT: my problem is GPU/PSU related, I could solve it by limiting my GPU power to 90%.

Saaaaame problem, let’s have some fixes !!!

Is it possible it has the same crash bug as the original Diablo 2 :joy: need to set a -w and -s on the execution command, haven’t tested it as I’m reinstalling :sob:

Please make sure you meet the system requirements. They are significantly different than D2 original, and even other Blizzard games.

• Windows 10 must be up to date. Please run Windows update if you have not. This normally causes the game to open a black window then just close it. Not an actual crash.
  • Graphics drivers may need to be updated.
  • Other programs and overlays can cause crashing. Close all other programs on the PC and run the game alone. Figure out if one is causing it. For example someone else found a Steam caused it.
    Closing Background Applications - Blizzard Support
1 Like

I also have this problem. I can play but the game goes back to windows randomly.
When leaving act 1, the game crashes and goes back to Windows.

My system meets the minimum (Core i7 6700K, 16Gb, Rx480) for 1080p.