D2+LOD Not launching Win10 64

Windows 10 64 Brand new PC build, fresh updated drivers. I’ve tried everything, multiple days to get this game to work and nothing.

*I’ve made a second account on my PC

*Running in windowed mode

*Svens Glide3-to-OpenGL-Wrapper

*Forcing resolutions 640x480

*Reduced color modes 8 bit 256 and 16 bit

*The -w in the command line

*All the compatibility modes

*Running as administrator

*Disabling full screen optimizations

*Closing all other programs and anything unnecessary running in the back-round

*Turning off DEP (Data Execution Prevention)

*Disabling security

*Forcing resolutions through Nvidia

*Changing DPI settings

*Installing the game multiple ways (including manually patching, Disks, older versions, the blizzard downloads, and re-attempting the installs in various orders, launching D2 before LOD is installed, running installs as administrator, Installs on different partitions, different directories, ect.)

If you can think of it I’ve tried it. I’ve even translated some Chinese web pages trying to find a fix.

I’m at wits end.

Diablo II Exception UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)

This app may not work correctly
Diablo II
Blizzard

This app can’t run because it causes security or performance issues on Windows. A new version may be available. Check with your software provider for an updated version that runs on this version of Windows.

1 Like

the game is having trouble running in hardware mode in windows 10. you need to set it to software, which you need to do through the registry. Datamaskin\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II\VideoConfig. you need to change one of the keys there to make it run in software mode. think it is the one that say render. set it to 0.

1 Like

Tried that, still nothing.

A shot in the dark, but try creating another administrator account and see if the game runs from there.

*I’ve made a second account on my PC

Oh, didn’t see that. Oops.

An eye doctor visit is in order it seems. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah bud, I’ve tried everything. Think its up to blizzard at this point to fix their game.

i got it working by running in direct draw. i already explained it in another topic recently however. they should never have removed the video test app.

Yeah I already tried that didnt work andreasasp

i could not know that, as that was not something you included in your original post. i was just trying to help. one thing you could do however is upload your dxdiag file, that contains a lot of information. maybe i can find out what you problem is through that.

For anyone still lurking on this post for a solution, I Found one thanks to this guy. I was even able to remove the -w for windowed mode and use svens glider for better graphics. Follow his steps.

3 Likes