D2: Unable to identify version

“Unable to Identify Version: Battle.net is Unable to Properly Identify Your Application Version.”

Hey guys, anyone know what this is? Did I install it incorrectly or modify the installation somehow?

2 Likes

Hey, Cyth! This error is usually caused by some compatibility issues with the game. These steps may help resolve the error:

If these steps do not resolve the error, it may help to try adjusting the compatibility settings for the game.

1. Right click on the Diablo II shortcut.
  2. Click Properties.
  3. Under the compatibility tab, check the box “Run the program in compatibility for”
  4. Select another OS from the drop-down.
  5. Click Apply and then OK.
  6. Launch the game.

Ive tried all these things, numerous times. I’ve reinstalled Diablo. Heck, I even reinstalled Windows. Nothing is working. Please help!

I got same problem. Reinstalled windows, diablo, everything and still saying the same thing “battle.net is unable to properly identify your application version”

Help please!

Got the same issue. 1.14b to 1.14d

Hey folks,

There’s an issue with the USEast and Europe realms where if someone attempts to connect with 1.14B, the server won’t push the 1.14D update.

There are two workarounds:

• Connect to Asia to get the update. If you are able to connect to USWest, that will work too, however, USWest has a different issue that might prevent connecing altogether.
  • The second is to manually download and patch up to 1.14D. For this to work, the proper 1.14D update must be used. If only D2 is installed, the D2 update must be used. If LoD is installed, the LoD update must be used.

FYI, there’s a thread dedicated to this issue that can be found here.

19 Likes

I’m getting an account identification error. I’m reinstalling, and containing myself continuing to research solutions.

See the post above you Shezarrine.

going to Asia worked for me got DC but after closing then relaunching worked great thanks!

Hey there,

As Leviathan mentioned we’ve created a new thread to gather reports on this error. Please feel free to post over there if the suggested steps are not working. Thanks!

Diablo II (2000) Unable to identify version [2021]