D2 install keys

I have the Diablo 3 collectors edition Cd’s of all the Diablo’s 1,2,3. I was recently trying to install them onto my computer and ran into a problem. My Diablo 1 installed fine, but when I got to installing Diablo 2, it was asking me for a 16 digit cd key. I no longer have the box for the game, and the one thing I do have, which is the USB drive cd key has 26 digits. I am unsure how I can use the cd’s anymore if I do not a 16 digit key to input. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey, Tommorrow! The 16-digit keys should actually be pretty much phased out. It should show on the installer to enter in a 26-digit CD Key. If its not showing to enter in the 26-digit CD Key, it could mean that either the physical CDs or an older version is being used to install Diablo II.

Claiming the 16-digit keys on the Blizzard account should change it to the 26-digit key. The 26-digit CD Keys on the account or if the USB ones are correct, should work. You can try checking for the CD Key on the account page near the bottom if it was registered and you wanted to compare it with the ones on the USB.

It may also help to try using the direct installers on the website, since these should be the updated clients. If there’s any issues with the CD Key from there, I recommend to contact our customer support team directly with the CD Keys to check them out. Please do not post the CD Keys on the public forums.

Hey,

Ya, so the CD is older.
I am able to download the game client and play by using the 26 digit installer, but what if I let my brother use the game on his computer. How would that work? would he be able to download the installer and use the 26 key code? Or would he need the 16 digit one the older cd game requires?

Tomorrow,

You’d need to install it for him by logging into your battle.net account and using the digital installers with your 26 digit keys. Uninstall all CD data from the PC first - you don’t want to use that anymore. It’s so old it usually causes more problems than it fixes.

However, please note that the two of you will not be able to play online at the same time. We generally recommend that he purchase his own 26 digit keys in our online store. That’ll let him create his own account and play online at will instead of the two of you needing to juggle who gets to play when.

1 Like