D2 - Disconnected - Restricted?

I just dug out my Blizzard games after a several year absence. I downloaded the BattleNet app, logged into my Blizzard account and got my Battletag back. I installed Diablo 3 and installed my old hard copy of Diablo 2 & LoD. I don’t even have a D2 account again yet, but I am getting the ‘You have been disconnected from Battlenet, please try again later’ error. No VPN, no non-windows antivirus. Running in compatability, administrator, and adding it to firewall exceptions have failed to allow connection. Did I trip the Rapid Login sensor by having the client open downloading Diablo 3 while I was trying to log in on Diablo 2? I haven’t even attempted to import old save data or anything yet, everything is squeaky clean and I haven’t even booted up D3. If I have been restricted, please let me know, and for how long so I can tell the friend I installed it all for how long she’ll have to wait for me to be able to play.

sigh Not an encouraging return for this 20 year customer.

Is it possible your CD Key have been perm banned years ago and you forgot?
If so, you need to buy a new copy of D2

Also, have you converted you 16 digits key to a 26 digits key on you battlenet account (website)?
Try that if you didn’t and use the installer provided by blizzard

Update: I reinstalled with the client and installers, and newly registered keys, and I still can’t log into Battle.net. Gonna hunt for tutorials while I wait for more support.

Unless someone somehow stole my keys and used them for cheating, I can’t imagine my keys were permabanned. I always play within the rules on D2 and 3. I’m downloading the installers from this site and I will convert the CD keys. I’ll update soon, thank you for your prompt advice during troubled times.

Diablo 3 is working fine, so I think the keys are a promising lead. I already feel better since I didn’t have to wait long to start working this out.

Edit: 6/25/2020 10:53pm
Nothing has helped and I am still not able to connect.

1 Like

I am 100% having the same issue and i have no idea how i am going to play d2 again.