[D2] D2VidTst error

During the instalation of Diablo II there was a following problem with D2VidTst ! On laptop installed Windows 10 Pro , when run D2VidTst and select glide3x or d3d , an error appears An exception (C000000D) occurred during DIIEntryPoint or DIIMain in module: C:\Games\Diablo II\glide3x.dll ! Ofcrouce i downloaded Sven’s glide wrapper , cause i thought i first need it before running the Diablo II video test , however even with it the D2VidTst error was still there ! I think is Windows problem , because i dont get such error on My Desktop PC which is on Windows 7 ! Isn’t D2VidTst compatible with latest Windows 10 updates ?

1 Like

Why is you else here…

They got rid of vid test a while ago

1 Like

I am playing single player 1.13

That may be part of the issue, Olivie. The latest version of Diablo II is 1.14d. Could you try a fresh reinstall of the Diablo II? This should install 1.14b. Once done, try patching the game to get the client up to 1.14d.

Yes and add -3dfx to the target icon shortcut to use svensglide wrapper

1 Like

I solved this when nothing else worked to get a Mod working with my mouse wheel using a Radeon R7 graphics card: Change the Compatibility of D2VidTst.exe to Win XP Pack 3, then run it by itself. When it finishes, select the 2D option, on top in my case.
Do not run select compatibility on Diablo/Game.exe nor your Mod plugin, just run them as Admin.
Works great!

• NOTE: This is for those who need to downgrade from 1.14 to an earlier numbered version, 1.13 or earlier, to play a mod plugin.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.

1 Like