Code of Conduct and a Lack of a Customer Support

After scrolling through the forums, I am seeing a lot of posts about being silenced or account restricted in some way for very minor things. I also just got off of a 15 day silence, my first silence ever, and I put in a support ticket where I received a message saying “GM Yarisend here…During a review of your silence penalty we have found some comments from this account that are unacceptable and a Silence penalty was applied. Based on our review of the evidence of you being toxic and abusive along with swearing, we will not overturn the penalty.” This ticket was immediately closed, so I opened another ticket complaining about these issues. 1, I was never shown proof of what I said that was “toxic and abusive”. I got a response back with a link to the Code of Conduct and how the silence would not be overturned. Here is where my problem is, not only was no proof shown, but no where in the Code of Conduct does it say you cannot swear. Now, I am not a very toxic player, I don’t say much other than gg and glhf at the start and end of games, on bad days I might pick on someone a little if they are being toxic or are blaming other players for no reason, but in no way am I ever toxic and abusive. With that in mind, here is the entire communication section for the Code of Conduct:

"When participating in communication of any kind (chat, voice communication, group finder), you are responsible for how you express yourself. You may not use language that could be offensive or vulgar to others.

Hate speech and discriminatory language is inappropriate, as is any obscene or disruptive language. Threatening or harassing another player is always unacceptable, regardless of language used. Violating any of these expectations will result in account restrictions. More serious and repeated violations will result in greater restrictions."

I don’t know what to make of this. Customer support was absolutely disappointing between the lack of communication, absolutely no proof or chat logs shown, showing me what I said that was so wrong of me to say, and the bare minimum effort to respond being that it took 3-4 days to send an automated response message linking the Code of Conduct and the End User License Agreement, and even when there was an actual human response, they completely disregarded my issue and moved on. I know that this is a long *ss complaint, but if there are any others that are having a similar problem to me with customer support let me know. I would also like to add I am disappointed that blizzard removed their live chat feature as well as their customer support phone number, so I can’t even sit down and have a discussion with someone about these issues.

Profanity is considered offensive, vulgar, and disruptive. Blizzard also does not allow masked profanity by switching letters or using an abbreviation.

The same rules apply across all Blizzard games and platforms including this forum. The forum rules also do not allow us to post about specific account actions so your post is likely to get removed by mods.

Blizzard has never intended the live contact method for appeals. They ONLY take appeals via ticket, and that has always been the intent. The fact that people used to use call in for appeals, is part of the reason it is gone. You don’t get to discuss or debate your account action.

They used to have some of the chat snippets at or near the reported test, but that is not done as a default anymore.

You might want to read the Forum Code of Conduct. It is the most detailed version of Blizzard global rules and explains some of the things you might have missed.

Here is a recent post from a Blizzard Forum Support Agent on the WoW Customer Support forum (an Information Desk). It reminds a player that profanity is not allowed, and never has been. Again, the rules are the same for ALL Blizzard games and platforms, including the forums. Pointer emoji added by me to focus on relevant section.

Full text of Blue post:

Ticket times take into account ALL categories, Rummel. It may or may not take that long.

I see you do have an appeal open, but I strongly suspect this is going to be upheld.

We appreciate when players report others that are breaking our TOS - but constantly calling out others in chat - asking others to report - and essentially rubbing their noses in it is seldom appreciated by your group. Reporting is fine - even appreciated, but there is absolutely no need to make a commotion about it in game and lecture others on our social contract.

All that starts to become toxic - given the frequency it apparently happens from the reports I’m seeing, but that might have been overlooked.

Given you seem to consider yourself the expert on decorum, gameplay - and our social contract - I am quite sure you are aware :point_right: profanity is not allowed- neither explicit, masked, misspelled or in an acronym , yes?

That is why this is likely to be upheld.