COD Warzone Wont Launch

Hey Nicole,
No one can contact Activision.
Their support is zero, there is no theme that deals with the non-launch of the game.
If we try with another theme, such as “report a bug”, we can only leave a comment without being able to indicate an email address to expect a response. So Activision will never respond since we cannot write them an email.
And Blizzard doesn’t even try to approach Activision to report the problem to them, no, no, Blizzard just refers its users to Activision support. Blizzard is required to launch the game but Blizzard support is void when the game does not launch; Activision support sucks since we can’t contact them (and yet Blizzard still tells us: “contact Activision!”). You are kidding us !!!

4 Likes

Did you find a fix to this? I am just now having this same issue and i have tried everything i have read online.

1 Like

i’m having this problem now… I had this happen to me a few weeks ago… maybe a month… I was tripping out… couldn’t find any answer or solution. i tried everything from reinstalling my game, repairing, deleting files and folders and repairing again… updating every single driver on my computer… looking up literally every single forum post… god… until i system restored to like 4 days prior to my problem… magically… it worked…

well… im having the problem ALLLLLL over again after a warzone update… it was a short one… i tried doing a system restore again this time… uninstalling, yadda yadda literally the whole troubleshooting step… and it’s not working still…

im so over blizzard and activation… each claiming it’s not their fault… someone needs to take responsibility and fix this issue.

1 Like

Glad i skipped that one

This just started happening again for me. Third time so far. I get into the game, and it requires an update. Right after the restart the Blizzard Launcher will not launch the game. So… Uninstalled, troubleshooted, etc Nothing this time. It will not work after a few hours of trying.

1 Like

I uninstalled Comodo internet security, now the game is launching again.

It is because the Security Software detects a shellcode injection and blocks the game from starting. Add a shell code exclusion for the game folder to your security software (anti virus) then it should start again or just completely uninstall it.

In Comodo: settings: advanced protection: miscellaneous:
" dont detect shell code injections in these applications" -> Add the warzone game folder (where it is installed).

4 Likes

I’m having the exact same problem and nothing I do is able to fix it, this is unbelievable!

DO THIS ONE! I had that exclusion but switched to an SSD. Updated the location and it works. FYI excluding the game folder from scans, etc. will not do it work. You need the shell code exception.

Blizzard we bought the game through you. You tell activistion their is a problem. All current battle app user note that they are not taking ownership of the problem and think twice about buying more from blizzard

3 Likes

I love you. It fixed my issue after two months of research;)

FIXED ! ! !
FROM A USER DOWN HERE !

Security Software detects a shellcode injection and blocks the game from starting. Add a shell code exclusion for the game folder to your security software (anti virus) then it should start again or just completely uninstall it.

" dont detect shell code injections in these applications" -> Add the warzone game folder (where it is installed).

WORKED DIRECTLY FOR ME

GAME STARTS :slight_smile:

FIXED ! ! !

Security Software detects a shellcode injection and blocks the game from starting. Add a shell code exclusion for the game folder to your security software (anti virus) then it should start again or just completely uninstall it.

WORKED DIRECTLY FOR ME

GAME STARTS :slight_smile:

I’ve been having the same issue for months now. I use webroot for antivirus and I’ve whitelisted Battlenet and Warzone and the issue still happens. I think it’s ridiculous that this hasn’t been fixed yet

1 Like

I was having this issue too- and I found my (and hopefully yall’s) fix.
I had originally tried everything, scan/repair, re-installing, even eventually a fresh windows install but I found what fixed it for me-
I use Trend Micro for antivirus and I had to add some direct exclusions to the MW folder and its .exe’s, turning off my AV protection wasn’t enough to get it to launch. I find it incredibly stupid that my Antivirus was what was blocking my game but, i’ve found the fix and I can play it now at least, hope this helps you all.

i had link my ps4 account to pc and you make me start from the beginning why that and why all me gun has gone why shuld i start from the beginning
please contact withe me on this email
almr7om@gmail.com

The same issue happens to me every now and then, right now I just played yesterday but today the game simply doesn’t start anymore no matter what I do (and I’ve tried all the tricks and cleans and wiping and reinstalling it and battle. crap. net).

I refuse to have to reinstall my system for a single game to work. This is lasy QA as it’s finest activision.

Ryzen 7 2900 32gb ssd windows 10 gtx 1060 6gb. I know this game is free, but this problem should have been fixed years ago.

Hello and good day, I have had same problem.

1. I went to modify install and deleted / unchecked all but multiplayer and it worked.

signed McNasty

I think you should try uninstalling and reinstall it

I had the same issue but I found a tutorial on youtube and it worked so I share this here with you. You need to open the installation folder from blizzard then you create a new folder and you put the old one into it. After that you close the window and you go back on battlenet. This time you open the games settings and you should see the play button become an install button. You click on it and it will quickly do an update. After that you should be able to play the game normally. Add me on discord (Manjuif#8553) if you ve some questions because I could have not be clear.

So, here I am in August of 2022, still with this issue. I uninstalled the game months ago due to this issue, forgot about it, and re-downloaded the game recently to find the same problem and be reminded of the many hours I spent trying desperately to find a fix. Friends, I have found one that works for me.

The error code that was provided brought me to a page explaining that I needed to go into the files of the game, locate the .exe for the game itself, right click, properties-> compatibility-> Select “Run this program as an administrator” and then attempt to relaunch through the Battle.Net launcher. However I had done all of these steps to be presented with the same error code, and the same suggested troubleshoot.

What to do now? I made a shortcut of the .exe on my desktop, made sure the Battle.Net launcher was open, and then clicked on my shortcut. BOOM. a small window appears graciously asking me if I’d like to run Warzone as an administrator, yes, and the game launched for the first time in ~8 months. Hopefully if any of you are still experiencing this issue this will also work for you, if not sorry I couldn’t help you