COD Warzone: Scan and Repair loop / BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 Errors

I reinstalled it after doing everything that was said and it still didn’t work. Please help me fix this, I really want to play me account on pc.

1 Like

Hey all,

We forwarded those tests that everybody sent in. We appreciate you sending the info! The devs are checking them out now to see why this is happening and we’ll update you once we hear back.

2 Likes

Yep same here. Tried all above, multiple “Scanning game files” infinite loop. Going to just remove the folder and reinstall completely tomorrow. Was playing last night and had some weirdness so I did a Scan & Repair… that seems to have killed it. Oh well.

3 Likes

Absolutly astonishing that there is no bypass to tell the program to stop trying to scan. I had a crash 6070 and went to scan-repair and the loop started… Now I’m stuck re-downloading the game… NO OTHER game launcher I have used has this issue… Especially when trying to by-pass the download of the game… Ridiculous.

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem. Started today and nothing seems to solve the problem. Yesterday I was playing fine and now this. First time reinstalling got DEV ERROR 6345. Couldn’t solve the problem. I’m on my second attempt to reinstall the game and see if it works.

This solves nothing. Is useless.

4 Likes

Have anyone found a solution? This is so frustrating.

Have the same issue here. Currently trying to reinstall again 212gb. Hopefully everything gets fixed after this download. Yesterday everything was perfectly fine and now I changed a few settings ingame and the directx12 error appeared so I scanned and repaired and now its been on a infinite loop since then. Reinstalling the game was my only option when all else didn’t work.

So, I played this game since Season 2. and This is the first time I’ve got this “scan and repair” looping thing. And after read all the comments, looks like I’m going to miss the free multiplayer weekend. T_T

2 Likes

Well I’m another person with the same error! Yesterday I could only play Warzone after updating to Season 6, any attempt to play Multiplayer/Campaign etc would result in the game completely breaking and coulnt even play Warzone. It stopped loading textures and I had long loading times usually failing. So I did what everyone else did “Scan & Repair”. The scan says that the game is broken, tells me I need an update, I’m thinking “cool”…Welp. I’m here! Cant launch the game because it fails the repair with this error every time with the result saying I need to update! Tried almost every fix!

So i had major issues with the game so I decided to scan and repair. Now the launcher says the game needs and update, proceeds to scan and fail with this error every time!

6 Likes

I have the same problem…

Ive tried EVERY fix I found online… except to re-install which I havent done yet, because I have a data cap and shouldnt have to do that. This isnt a COD issue as I found posts of this happening on several games on the launcher as far back as 2016…THAT alone should tell you how much of a priority this is lol!

Hey all,

Keep in mind that the BB8 error has a ton of causes, not just one. This thread is only for people who run into this after running the scan and repair tool on Call of Duty. This previous post has more information on things you can try in the mean time.

I found a solution for this but it takes some time. Let me explain what I did.
What I understood is this error is happening when there is a corrupt data.xxx file. You have to identify what is the corrupted file inorder to fix it.
First of all check whether there is a data.xxx file with 0 KB or less than 100MB if so delete it file and repair again. If not do following, Warning this take a lot of time. I’m bad with english and explaining stuff. If you have questions ask me.

1. Copy your whole MW folder (Lets name this as folder A)to somewhere else.
  2. Delete the original game folder.
    3)Now start the MW installation.(Installation folder we call this as folder B) Stop it when you can see a folder called “data”. (As per today download size is 234 GB keep note of this download size)
    (For some reason I cant upload images here.)
    4)Open folder A go in to data folder. In here you can see data.000 to data.267.
  3. Now copy from data.000 to data.100 to data folder in Folder B.
  4. Open battlenet app and scan and repair MW. (You will something less than 234 GB. This means you are on the right track)
    Now there are 2 scenarios.
    Scenario 1 = You will something less than 234 GB
    Scenario 2= Still Looping

Scenario 2
7) This means one of the files between 000-100 is corrupted so you have find what is that file.
Only way is to putting them through the scanning.
Trying breaking it to 4 segments.
data.000-data.025 = segment 1 likewise.
Now delete data.xxx files in folder B. First copy and paste segment 1 to folder B. Then initiate a repair. It loop still hapning that’s means a file between 000-025 is corrupted. Now segment those again.
data.000 - data.010 = segment B. I think now you go the idea. By doing it you have to find the data file which is corrupted. after this delete that corrupted file.

Scenario 1
7) Go through scenario 2 only difference is that your corrupted file is between data.101-data.267.

8)After deleting the corrupted files/file move the rest of the data.xxx files to FOLDER B. Now if you initiate the scan and repair it will download equilant of what you deleted. (For me only 1GB. ONly 1 file was corrupted).
9)Then you will be able to launch it normally.
However it is more likely that you will get a dev error.
To fix this.
A) Download Revo uninstaller and uninstall battlnet app through this. (Select advance option and delete even the registry keys)
B)Check %APPDATA% / %LOCALAPPDATA% / %ProgramData% and if there any folder starting with BATTLE delete them.
c) Open Documents. Delete the Call of Duty Modern Warfare folder.
d) Restart (IMPORTANT)
e) Download battlenet again.
f) Locate the game.
e)Play.

I must say that I love this game but I’m highly unsatisfied with the size of the game. Also, this game has 0 optimizations.

31 Likes

It’s appalling. I have been trying to fix this for 6 hours now and nothing works, I just can’t wrap my head around this issue; how can a simple integrity check fail?

having the same issues for days now, when is there going to be a fix for this? I have tried everything listed above and am on my 3rd reinstall, still looping between scan and repair :frowning:

This is what worked for me and thanks to user Cujo for the insight. You might want to follow Customer Support original troubleshoot steps just to be on the safe side but personally I think it doesn’t even matter.

1. Move your CoD:MW folder to a different location, i.e: Desktop. What we want to keep and what is important is the ‘data’ sub folder inside the ‘Data’ folder, everything else I erased.
  2. Inside the ‘data’ sub folder there are files with a numbered extension (.000, .001, .002, etc.) and .IDX. Erase all .IDX files
  3. Sort files by ‘date modified’ and erase everything that was modified recently. In my case I deleted everything from oct-06 the day the game stopped working and anything before that date I kept.
  4. Run Battle.net and it should find the game because we only kept the ‘data’ sub folder.
  5. Let it install the game as brand new and as soon as it finishes downloading IDX files and starts downloading the game’s numbered files stop the installation and close battle.net (check task manager and close the blizzard agent too).
  6. Copy back the game’s numbered files that you backed up to the new installation folder, remember the structure is ‘Call of Duty Modern Warfare\Data\data’.
  7. Open the battle.net app again and let it continue the installation, it should now properly recognize the files we saved and should just download the files that were “corrupted”.

And that’s how I fixed the damn thing, these are the things that make me not buy the full game. War Zone is so buggy at least on PC, and the battle.net app is a joke. It’s mind boggling how it can not do an integrity check and we have to be guessing which files are “corrupted”.

8 Likes

I tried most of the fixes in here besides a full re-install and couldn’t get anything to work when I encountered this issue tonight. After getting ready to delete my COD folder and start the download I decided to throw a hail mary. In the /Data/data folder there were 4 files named: data.261; data.262; data.263; data.264; with file sizes of 1 KB each. These looked suspicious to me as the small size looked like they may be partial downloads or logs of some sort. I deleted them and reloaded battlenet. Cod did a quick update check, downloaded ~180mb of data, and the problem with the scan and repair loop has resolved.

111 Likes

I only had data.261 and data.262, but I deleted those because I already tried what customer support said and it didn’t work.

I deleted them, reloaded battlenet, and then the quick update and I was golden. There was a crash after the second attempt at booting the game(wanted to see if it would hold) but it’s running fine now.

Thanks for saving me from redownloading this game.

1 Like