Checking versions?

I wanted to start playing diablo 2 again because of the hype from the new D2 R coming out. i installed the game but now when i try to log onto bnet i just get stuck on “checking versions” . ive searched about this and have put the game on comaptiablity mode, and ran as admin. ive tried re downloading the game multiple times now. I have no idea why my account is not working, how would i go about fixing this? would really love to try and play once again! thanks

Hello fellow D2 players. I have the same issue, first there is the message “checking versions” for some time and then “You were disconnected from battle.net. Please reconnect.”

@Blizzard Could you please help? Thanks in advance!

BR MaxiMal1st

1 Like

they will not help any of us they will delete d2 soon cuz d2r coming and try to kill the d2 game to make ppl buy d2r yesterday i was playing d2 and today before 3 oclock and now the game was stuck on checking version god damit :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :imp: :anger: :boom:

1 Like

I am in the same boat. I do play mainly on a business connection I am wondering if that is why I can’t connect? seems like a silly rule.

I’m with this problem too ! I’ve just bought the game cause I’ve lost my originals CDs, and I’m stuck on checking versions in all servers !
It’s not possibel that my IP is banned, I’ve just bought the game lol

Sounds like you got banned/temp banned. Blizz temp bans d2 accounts for a wide range of reasons (very few actually legitimate reasons). Welcome to the Blizzard experience enjoy your stay and keep throwing money at them while they laugh in your face.

I’ve been having the same issue with checking version and I know my account is not banned. I hope that Blizzard can fix this issue asap.

Hey Arthur1u2,

Here is a support article for when you get stuck on “Checking Versions”.

Note down at the bottom of the article that if those steps don’t help, you likely triggered a temporary play restriction.

I second this response. Happened to me and it turned out I did have an account restriction and going through the process of submitting a ticket to ask if that was true (perhaps you can link to that ticket submission link here too) and for a response the next day telling me when I can log in again.

Sure!

Note that support can only give info on whether or not a player is restricted and for how long/how much longer. They can’t give the reason why someone was restricted.

You can use this support ticket to inquire about a possible temporary play restriction.

There are several required fields in order to submit: (assuming Windows) Traceroute upload, DXDIAG upload, MSINFO upload and a Description.

The three file uploads aren’t needed for this kind of inquiry. So, you can just manually create three text files, name them with their respective names, put something inside them (anything will do, they just can’t be blank inside), then upload. Then type your question in the “Description” field and submit it. Make sure you get a confirmation that ticket submitted (it will give a confirmation/ticket number).