Checking versions stuck diablo 2

Hi cant send tickets, dont know why. I just want to now what the problem is with my diablo if im banned or somthing. havent did anything wrong. if i give my ip can you check here in forum ?

6 Likes

I am having the same problem. Last logon was last Thursday. Client hangs on checking version or disconnected from bnet without ever getting to option screen for bnet info. Happens with all realms.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue as well as a friend no matter how many fresh installs we do.

2 Likes

I am also having the same issue. I cannot login to battle.net for diablo 2 (useast), it just gets stuck at ā€œChecking Versionsā€. I have done several fresh reinstalls, tried many different solutions and troubleshooting, but nothing has worked. The only reason I can think of why this is happening is because I purchased a VPN service a few weeks ago, and that is precisely when the problem began. I did not intend to even have it on at the time. I just had turned on the VPN earlier that day then forgot to turn it off before I logged in to my diablo account. Since then I have unistalled the VPN and have not used it since. I am not nor have I ever attempted to violate the terms and conditions or do anything shady with my accounts. I have kept this account active for close to 10 years (logging in every 90 minimum) without any incident. PLEASE, I do not want my 10-year account to be gone because of a simple mistake.

Can someone from Blizzard support please help me. Time is a factor here as we all know diablo 2 accounts and characters expire if you do not log in for a certain period of time and the clock is ticking.

5 Likes

Your ban is 1 week or 2. Further login attempts can extend this.
U must not play for 1 to 2 weeks!

1 Like

Thatā€™s great and all, but wouldnā€™t the message from the server be different? Also , I have been playing again fro 3 months and donā€™t run a bot or any unapproved software. Been running the exact same config for weeks and it just happens now?

1 Like

U used a vpn and got a ban. You are restricted. The msg will either stick on checking version or cancel the login attempt automatically and return you to title screen / gateway selection.

You used a vpn and then attempted to keep logging in. That is your issue. Waiting or changing ip addresses is the only way.

Blizzard help!! im having the same issue. cant get to live chat. havnt been able to connect to diablo 2 battle.net USEast for about 20 hours now. talked to live chat last night and they told me i didnt have a temp ban. are servers down?

Thatā€™s cute, but no that isnā€™t it. I have changed my IP and tried routing through a VPN AFTER getting this issue. Tried fresh installs as well. Tried safe and compatibility modes.

Why can I play D3 on the VPN but not D2? Also, everything Iā€™ve read suggests a restriction is only applied to the realm that the infraction happened on, and I should still be able to connect to a different realm, but I canā€™t, just says ā€œchecking versionsā€¦ā€.

Furthermore, I click ā€œcontact usā€ in support and I get a text box to describe the problem in detail, but all that does is show me forum threads and FAQs related to my problem, at no point do I get the option to submit a support ticket. AND today my mobile authenticator says my device doesnā€™t have an internet connection but Chrome and all other web connected apps are working just fine on my phone. I also clicked support from the blizzard homepage and I kept getting a web site timed out error, I have no idea how I managed to get to this point in this forum. Somethingā€™s very screwy with Blizzardā€™s servers.

So if you were not restricted before you sure as hell are now. Flagged cd keys at this point as well.
Cute.

Also 1 realm ban stretches to all realms now. Furthermore there were authentication server issues with the bnet app.
Cheers.

Enjoy life being a dick? Thanks for your help valued acting blizzard employee.

3 Likes

Really? So because i threw the word ā€œcuteā€ back at you ā€œIā€ am the dick?
Lmao
Too ā€œCuteā€ i even provided you with information!

Whatever helps you sleep at night

1 Like

Howdy!

Being stuck at ā€œChecking versionā€ is likely related to being blocked from battle.net. Checking the top posters Iā€™m seeing restrictions due to using a cloud based connection. This can be a VPN or business class Internet Service Provider. We provide more information on this Here. Actions can last between 2 weeks to 30 days. We do not provide exact dates on when they will lift.

Any feedback on the penalty system should be directed towards the developers over on the Diablo II general forums.

AhahahhaHhahahahahahahahahHahHH
Imagine that!

Same here. Iā€™m not using a VPN nor am i cheating in any way. I just purchased the game recently to relive some early 2000ā€™s nostalgia and nope. Got kicked and canā€™t play. Sick. Way to go blizzard and thanks for not fixing the issue.

7 Likes

Hi! Pretty much the same problem here, but with one extra step :

When I try downloading the game diablo II/d2LoD form blizzardā€™s website, it just goes to the ā€˜ā€˜download pageā€™ā€™ and nothing happens.

When I finally got the installer from another place, bnet just keeps ā€˜ā€˜checking versionā€™ā€™ for a while and then says to retry later.

I just want to install the game on my new computer.

1 Like

are you able to tell me if I have a temporary restriction please?

I had this too. After 3mins I could login againā€¦