Chat stuck on old message / link

In desktop app chat got stuck on this link: https www apple com/pl/shop/buy-mac/pro-display-xdr?fnode=8a
That happened on 18th of February… It’s been like this ever since… I launch bnet, go to SOCIAL tab and chat instead of jumping to the newest message scrolls back to that link. The newest message button also scrolls back to that link… Dude I’m chatting with also has this issue so it’s not limited to me… I can still scroll down but it’s annoying… I was thinking about clearing chat history but I don’t want to lose it… I would rather get rid of this bug instead.

1 Like

I have this same issue currently with the latest blizzard launcher. It scrolls back to about a week ago for just one of the groups I’m in, and I believe this is happening across two different PCs I use, so it’s something at the account level. I have never noticed this happening before recently.

Same issue, stuck on an old message and will no longer scroll to the latest messages. The most recent messages button doesn’t work either.

Yeah, this is happening to myself and another person as well. Clicking “Clear all notifications” or “Close chat” don’t fix it. I did finally clear chat history to stop the annoyance, so I’m assuming that will fix it (given there’s no more chat messages).

Same issue here, the message I got on November 13th keeps coming up as newest and clicking most recent messages button goes to the bottom of the list, but it quickly pops back up to this old message. Re-installing Battle.net didn’t work.

I’ve got the same problem in a group chat. I noticed that the message it seems to be stuck at is the topmost message on my battle.net phone app even tho there are more messages above it when I check on the battle.net desktop app. I don’t know if this is related somehow - I still cant fix it, just trying to add one more piece of info. This is an annoying problem.

Having the same issue. Every time I go to my chat group have to click most recent messages… and even clicking most recent messages I am still stuck at the same spot back from November 2020. Blizzard please assist!

Did this ever get fixed, because 2 years later than what looks like the last post in this thread, I have a message stuck in my chat area. Just wondered if I missed a fix for this?

Thanks