Can't update World of Warcraft on Windows 11

I’m also having problems today. Can’t install the update for World of Warcraft at all on Windows 11.

Hey there! Thank you for reaching out, as it can understandably be frustrating to have a technical issue occur when simply trying to enjoy your time in-game. I’ve moved your post to a new thread since the other thread was unrelated to this issue.

That said, we aren’t aware of any problems that would prevent Blizzard games and the Battle.net Desktop App from functioning on Windows 11. Have you tried any solutions on your own?

In the meantime, try the following steps to narrow this down further:

1. Try a DNS Flush to clear out any corrupted or stagnate network data.
  2. Fully update or temporarily uninstall security programs which may be interfering with your connection to the patching server(s). More information on troubleshooting security applications here, if curious.
  3. Test an alternate network such as a mobile hotspot to determine whether the problem is isolated to your current network.

If you’re still unable to update, please run a WinMTR network test so that we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. In the “Host” field, enter “eu.patch.battle.net” (without quotes).
  3. Start the test and launch the Battle.net App and try the update while the winMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording data for about 5 minutes, click “export text” and save the winMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the winMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Hi Skelgarer

I will try to explain the problem abit more in details. I have the Battle.Net app opened and there is no network issue and i can run other blizzard games fine which dosn’t have a pending update. Once i click the update button for World of Warcraft on Battle.Net App it starts scanning game files and then errors out with this .

Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.​Error Code: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8

I would like to add that i also tried uninstall the full game but can’t install it now. Same error code

Uninstalling World of Warcraft and all files related to it and Battle.Net App seems to have fixed the problem.