Can't install Warzone Caldera without owning Modern Warfare

Currently there is no way to play Warzone Caldera without having owned Modern Warfare or played Warzone 1.0 at some point. I would like to try Caldera and think that it should be free again like the original Warzone was.

3 Likes

still free but bugged in the store

2 Likes

Bugged or purposely put behind a paywall to discourage ppl from playing it? I have MW2 and WZ 2.0 and don’t like either and want to play WZ Caldera again but can’t. Like @intercrime said, it’s locked behind a paywall.

1 Like

This is ridiculous. I own all of the games, just bought a pc, and they are 100% doing this on purpose to force people to play wz2 or buy it again to play. insane. fk this company.

2 Likes

9 dec and still bugged.

yup… I have the same issue as i just switched from console to PC and I wanted to download this WZ 1.0 along side WZ2.0 and I wasn’t able to find the original warzone. They have definitely done it on purpose to discourage ppl from playing the first WZ. They want you on WZ 2.0.

2 Likes

Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Caldera is no longer available to download as a standalone game. Warzone Caldera will still be available to download and play if you previously played Warzone or own Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare®.

support.activision.com/call-of-duty-warzone/articles/call-of-duty-warzone-installation-and-setup

2 Likes

So ive done all that they asked me to do. Opened a battlenet account and downloaded MW. However when i open MW… it asks me to purchase the game! Now, that is some sneaky @$$ moves from our friends at Activision. What happened to WZ being free?

They have completely ruined warzone. Now they make you pay for Caldera. And now theyre starting to shadow ban alot of people accounts who are still playing caldera. Then they release this Warzone 2(which is a beta at most). Activision please explain what your thought process is and un ban my shadow banned account i have never cheated