Cant Install Modern Warfare on Battle.net Desktop App

I have tried multiple times to install the game, every time I try to, it scans game files for over an hour, then appears to start downloading but actually sits at the same spot and doesnt move and eventually and error pops up ( BLZBNTBNA00000005). I completely unistalled and removed the blizzard app and modern warfare and the problem continues to persist. Thanks in advanced for any feedback!

Hey there Vyve! Thank you for reaching out, as it can understandably be frustrating to have a technical issue occur when simply trying to enjoy your gaming time. This is a bit of a generic error, and can have a few causes ranging from a conflicting third-party program to a network-related problem. Try the following to narrow this down further:

1. Fully update or temporarily uninstall security programs which may be interfering with your connection to the server(s). More information on troubleshooting security applications here, if curious.
  2. Test an alternate network such as a mobile hotspot to determine whether the problem is isolated to your current network.
  3. Create a new administrator account to resolve many permissions issues.

Let us know how it goes!

Hey sorry for such a late response I eventually gave up trying to get the launcher to work. But I wanna try and give it a go again. I tried all the suggestions listed above and have still found no success, my vpn is off, all programs completely updated, anti virus is completely turned off, I ran the launcher as an administrator, and finally I deleted old files and ran a fresh install. After following all those steps I still cant download the game and have been staring sat “Scanning game files” for 3 hours now

Hey, vyve! There’s been some issues with comcast before, would you have had any luck with installing over the VPN or an alternative connection?

If everything checks out, let’s try something a bit sneaky to trick the Blizzard Application on pushing the update.

1. On the Blizzard Application, under the MW tab, go to Options > Show in Explorer.
  2. Move the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare folder out to the desktop or another location.
  3. Fully close the Blizzard Application.
  4. Relaunching it should say “Install” start the installation, and give it about a minute, then move the folder back into the install location.
  5. Give it a few and it should push the update.

If the errors or update issues continue, go to Options > Show in Explorer again, then delete or move the ModernWarefare(.exe) and Modern Warfare Launcher(.exe) file, then clear the Indices folder in Data and IDX files.