Can't install Heroes of the Storm - We couldn't access folder

On trying to install Heroes of the Storm I always get an error saying:“We couldnt acess a folder. This is usually because you’re not logged in as an administrator.” However I am the Administrator and even tried starting the client in Administrator Mode. I can install any other game just fine. I tried changing the installation folder.
Whenever I try to install it, it will say “Update” in the client even after showing the error. When clicking “Update” it will show the same error as quoted above.

I deactivated AV aswell. No Improvement.
After i uninstalled the battle.net client app and restarted the computer I get another error when trying to install the battle.net client. “Something went wrong while trying to install. Please wait one minute and try again. If this happens again, please try restarting your computer.” And so I did. And I get the same error again.

Then I copied the Setup to a local folder since my “Desktop” is stored on a remote server. And it worked, I could install the battle.net app.

After I tried to “Update” Heroes of the Storm I got the same error “We couldnt acess a folder. This is usually because you’re not logged in as an administrator.”

Is it at all possible that this has something to do with me remotely storing my “App Data” files on a server?

I do have the required permissions with the user I am logged in to.

Hey, Olaf! It sounds a bit like there may be left over files or registries based on the behavior of it going from Install to Update.

I think this could possibly cause the issue if its not stored locally, it may not have the appropriate permissions to do so. Remote, NAS, or cloud systems are not supported for our games and may go against against our terms as well.

Do you have a separate system or something that could be used to test or a way to easily disable the remote server temporarily? If it seems to persist, check the installation locations and make sure its on the main C:\ drive. It may help to try a new admin to test. If it seems to continue, I’d recommend to contact our technical support team directly.