Can't install D2

I am trying to download Diablo 2 from my accounts game downloads page. But the Downloader_diablo2-enUS.exe file keeps failing. I have tried turning off my fire wall, and my anti-virus but it still keeps failing. I ran as admin, but it still wont download.
The tech support and contact us pages just send me in a circle.

Other things you can try:

• Try downloading using an alternate browser. (Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera)
  • If possible, use a different PC to download the installer, copy to a flash drive, then move the installer to the system you want to install it on.

It’s also worth noting that if you are experiencing trouble downloading anything from anywhere, your browser may be hijacked, and you may want to run scans with anti-malware scanners like Malwarebytes.

1 Like

I feel like an idiot, I can’t believe I did not try another browser. That is like troubleshooting 101. Anyways, when I tried Edge it worked, I am used to Firefox being the one that ends up working. Naturally, in Edge it said Windows Defender “Blocked a threat” :roll_eyes: and I got a script error, but making it run anyways worked.
Thanks!

Don’t be too harsh on yourself. Frustration has a way of blinding us from finding the solution we seek. There’s no harm in reaching out for help at times. Happy gaming!