Can't install battle.net app

Hello,

I tried to play Hearthstone yesterday and it had to update. It was stuck in the updating phase. So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the battle.net app. Didn’t work. So I tried repairing the hearthstone installation and went to bed. That was still stuck in the morning. I since uninstalled the battle.net setup, and now i’m stuck with the message “Downloading new files” when I run the battle.net installer. I’ve also tried to uninstall hearthstone, but it just pops up with “uninstall hearthstone” and this link:

I have tried everything in that link and every other one I can find here on the forums. Please advise as to what I should try next. Thanks!

Howdy MonkeyBiznas,

In your situation, you may need to do a clean reinstall of the app. While you may have already attempted a reinstall, we would need to remove all the old files first as there could be corruption.

1. Uninstall the Blizzard app
  2. Next open the temp locations and delete any Battlenet and Blizzard folders you see in each location. Press Windows Key + R and type:
    • %LOCALAPPDATA%
    • %APPDATA%
    • %TEMP%
    • %PROGRAMDATA%
  3. Finally go ahead and reinstall the app from here. Make sure you run as Admin.

If this persists, it could be related to another program blocking the install. If you have security software, you may need to configure that software to allow the install or temporarily uninstall the security software to test the game install. You can always reinstall the security software again afterwards.

1 Like

I got the same exact message and nothing work

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.