Can't install Battle.net app (BLZBNTBTS0000005D)

I’ve followed all of the recommended steps on the support page: closing all programs, deleting the Battle net folders (in Program Data, Program Data (x86), AppData folders, etc.) and restarting my computer.

The installer always gives me the “having trouble starting Battle net” error at the end of the installation process (after I choose the install path and it finishes installing).

So now that I’ve done all that, I’m out of ideas. Computer is Win 7 x64-bit Home Premium edition, 8 GB RAM, wireless internet connection.

edit: Looks like I can install it on a fresh Windows account, but I still can’t open it from my usual account. I guess this is partly solved…

Yeah I’m not sure what happened to Blizzard but I have no active firewall running at all and it still will not let me download the windows battlenet.exe file. I finally decide to start playing their crap games again and I can’t even download the damn launcher with any of the big 3. I can download and play any other games other than theirs, and you can’t even put in a ticket anymore and get a response. Pathetic customer service considering they are one of the only games left that charges a monthly fee. They definitely made up my mind quick not to start playing blizzard games again.

1 Like

I have also had this problem I was going to play the new Classic WoW but every time i try to download it it takes forever first off. Then it wont even download an icon for it on my computer so no way for me to open it back up. On top of that I cant even download WoW without it taking more than 24 hours probably and will also most likely not have an app for it.

This App Can't Run on Your PC - Blizzard Support try the direct link on this page