Can't change phone number

So like millions of others, my account has an old phone number of mine attached to it, because who cared until now? I’m unable to delete the old number because it sends a verification code to it first. I can’t add my current number, because it sends a verification code to the old one first. Have a ticket open, still no response from Blizz. Has ANYONE found a workaround for this?

If we enable a 2FA app, will that get us out of having to have our phone number on the account? Or will that not help with playing OW2?

16 Likes

I got this:
Any physical game keys/codes attached to the account:​
Invoice IDs from a purchase (these are found in the confirmation email sent after a store purchase):​
Transaction ID from a purchase (found on your bank/financial statement):
Date of birth registered to the account (MM/DD/YYYY):​
Previous emails associated with the account:​
Previous BattleTags associated with the account:​
Previous physical addresses associated with the account:​
Previous phone numbers associated with the account:​
The answer to the account’s secret question:

But as I don’t remember that old number off top of head and am not going to dig for it… this is the most asinine system I’ve EVER seen. I get security is a need, but don’t make it this DUMB. Send the code to our freaking EMAIL as an option to change the freaking number.

8 Likes

I’m having the same problem. Hope you/we get a solution before OW2.

4 Likes

By the way…Battlenet authenticator needs that old phone number also.

8 Likes

Yep. I cannot add the authenticator because…
This is the dumbest system. I did get this on twitter:

Blizzard CS - The Americas

@BlizzardCS

Replying to

@CaRenaeTX

Authenticators and SMS are key components to security, Renae. They wouldn’t be nearly as valuable as security if they could just be easily removed by anyone that might have access to your account. ^PJ

THIS IGNORES THE FACT I CAN CHANGE PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING ELSE ASIDE MY NAME.

3 Likes

Seems like those who relocated can’t make it to the launch of OW2.
So much for purchasing their watchpoin pack

5 Likes

Howdy y’all,

We aren’t able to assist with account issues over the forums. If you no longer have access to the phone number, please create a support ticket to have it removed.