Can't add phone number, can't create ticket

Opening an account for my son is proving impossible. Stuck in an endless loop of insanity.

My son’s phone number is invalid for some reason. We are creating the account in the country the phone is in and has always been in. There are no spaces and no characters other than numbers. It has been rechecked countless times.

Can’t create a ticket. Every time we try it won’t proceed far enough to create the ticket. Sometimes we are asked to prove his identity with government photo ID. He is 13 so of course he has none.

There is no email address given that we can send an email to. There is no phone number. There is no chat.

I am at a loss for how hard this thing that should be super easy has become. What a deflating day getting his first computer has turned into.

I doubt anyone at blizzard will read this, but if you do, please contact me with a solution to fix this. Again, I am unable to create a ticket.

I don’t work for Blizz, but maybe I can help a bit.

While you can make a Bnet account in a child’s name once they are 13, a Battlenet account can be made in the name of the parent as long as the child is a minor. You should then set up the Parental Controls so you can control accessibility, chat functions, purchases, and even get play time logs. I strongly recommend using that option, especially if he lives with you. Until he has his ID that is the safest option.

Blizzard does not require a phone number for most games (it depends on what it is). It is just used as an additional security measure so that you can have some extra control and notifications. There are restrictions though in that the number needs to be a normal paid cell number, not VOIP or “burner” style phone. Some plans don’t have the numbers tagged correctly so Blizzard’s system won’t recognize it as a valid number. If the system says it is invalid then CS can’t over ride that.

Regardless of that, I still suggest he put the Authenticator on his account. The free app gives you secondary auth and prevents account theft.

Blizzard SMS Protect (phone) Program details and how to

Blizzard Authenticator App

You can consider setting it up in your name, an email you control, a separate email for Parental Controls, an Auth, and a different phone/your phone. When he is old enough, CS will use IDs to transfer the Bnet account and all his games to him in his name.

Thanks. I ran into the same problem. I try to enter my phone number and it says it is already in use :frowning:

I really do appreciate you trying to help. At least the community is attempting to resolve issues.

1 Like

see, phone numbers get recycled. A lot. Dont use phone number, use battle.net authenticator ap