Cannot update or Repair WoW, error code BLZBNTAGT00000BB8

Cannot update or repair WoW, keep getting error code BLZBNTAGT00000BB8. Tried deleting battle.net and removing all temporary files as the blue post says to do, still nothing

1 Like

Hey Jago,

With BB8 try deleting the following - if that does not work go ahead and reinstall the WOW client.

• Repair the Indices folder and idx files:
    In the Blizzard Desktop application, on the Game Launch page of the game in question, click Options > Show in Explorer.
    Open the game folder. (IE: World of Warcraft)
    Open the Data sub-folder. 
    Locate and delete the Indices sub-folder.

Now delete the following files:
   1. Go to <WoW game root>\Data\data folder.
        a. Example location: C:\World of Warcraft\Data\data
   2. Delete all the *.idx files.
        a. NOT the data.### files.
   3. Run scan/repair again.

Same problem. Cannot update - I click the UPDATE button on the launcher and it changes to Scan Files after initialization then slowly goes through the files, then the WOOPS error message. Tried 5 times now. Came here - followed Zayssie’s instructions - still won’t complete the repair after the scan runs - get the WOOPS message. Then the UPDATE button shows up again instead of PLAY and rinse repeat… same results… getting frustrating. I was in the game earlier today so I have no idea what went wrong.

2 Likes

I am also having the same issue. I was playing earlier today and the game quit due to a critical error #132 Access Violation. I decided to do a scan and repair, after the first completion it said there was an error so I decided to uninstall/reinstall the game. When installing there is a message saying that something is broken and the launcher says to “update” the game, when there are no files to update. Then the launcher starts to scan/repair the game files that don’t exist. I have been in this loop for a few hours now after following the instructions that Zayssie gave.

Edit FIXED:

I have multiple versions of WoW installed (WoTLK Beta, WoTLK classic, classic era, retail) I uninstalled all of them (when I previously only uninstalled retail), which allowed me to re-install retail with 0 issue and was able to play again

1 Like

same issue, but with Overwatch. got the login loop bug, tried to scan and repair since that usually fixes most things for me. now it refuses to do anything but say repair/update…

1 Like

Same issue with WoW Classic, but I’m getting error code *96A - been like this for a day now

Followed Zayssies instructions on WoW client and I’m still getting the same error message afterwards. Scan and repair doesn’t do anything.

I also was having this issue. I m currently doing what you did, deleting every install of WoW, and installing one of them, being Classic Wrath for me. After it’s done installing, I’m going to try to install retail. If that works, I’d say it’s a problem with the update. Seeing how this issue is cropping up for players who have to Update their game.

I have done everything recommended here, and i cannot reinstall it. The installer will not work for me, and it wont let me uninstall because it is saying i have to update before i can uninstall but the updater wont work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.