tried everything have had the same error message for 8 days the error code is blzbntagt0000084b
That error means the update agent does not have proper permissions or is otherwise unable to modify necessary files on the disk where it or the game is installed.
More often than not this comes down to corrupt data, admin restrictions or software conflicts with other programs on the system. The following should get you up and running.
Power cycle your network. Turn off all devices including the modem. Wait 60 seconds, turn on the modem, wait 5 minutes, turn on any network devices, wait 2 minutes then turn on the system.
Next, place the system in selective startup mode: https://battle.net/support/article/200483
Once that is done and you gave rebooted into selective startup mode, we are going to manually clear out the application data for the desktop application.
- Ensure the Desktop Application or setup is not running and open File Explorer (Right click Windows Start Button)
- In File Explorer, navigate to the folder where the desktop application would normally be installed. Delete that folder if it exists (usually program files x86)
- Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA% and press enter.
- Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with %PROGRAMDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
- Empty the recycle bin.
- Create a new administrator account: Blizzard Support - Creating a New Administrator Account
- Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile.
- Now reinstall the app to the C: Drive.
This should ensure a clean install with fresh permissions and no interference. You should be able to properly update from this point on.
If that doesn’t solve the issue, then I recommend submitting a ticket with an msinfo attached for further investigation. (instructions for collecting that msinfo report will be on the form.)
Click Support at the top right of this page then click contact support.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.