Cannot see online friends in MW3 or Warzone

When I log into MW3 or Warzone on the match screens I can see a number of friends online, but when i goto my friends list in game, everyone shows offline. I can see who are in parties together but they still show offline. I can send invites and they receive them but they cannot join my parties. I do not receive the invites they send.

this is a very frustrating problem and hopefully someone else is experiencing this after the warzone 3 launch!

13 Likes

same here this problem happened to me after i left a warzone game and i rebooted my game. I dont see anyone online and also my name looks like its in hieroglyphics(it changed my name in pre game but no in game) lmfaooo. the problem is that i cant play with my online friends’ because it shows me as offline and they are offline too.

3 Likes

I am having the same issue. I cannot receive invites, I can send them but my friends can’t accept. I also had my clan tag just change randomly. When I try to change it back it says fetching online profile then kicks me back to the lobby. The only way I can fix it is by launching mw2 and joining from there which then launches mw3 and puts me in my friends party.

Anyways, hope to see this fixed soon any help would be appreciated.

4 Likes

I am also experiencing this issue. The game also said I needed an update, kicked me back to desktop. There was no update, yet I could not get into the game. Scan and repair useless. Reported as a bug, no response from support. Uninstalled everything Blizzard, reinstalled warzone only, the problem remains. I will try installing MWII and launching from there. Really getting tired of the idea of spending money on products that are supposed to be enjoyable, but turn out to be frustratingly defective.

2 Likes

Same here and i dont know what to do

2 Likes

Also happening with me….@battlenet can we get an update on this??

1 Like

Did anyone else have their clan tag changed? My clan tag changed as well and I can not edit it at all. And ever since then everything shows offline.

5 Likes

I am having the same probelm. I can’t join nor can they join me when I invite them. All of them are ahowing as offline.

2 Likes

I am also having the same issue, I have done a full install of both the game and bnet, restarted routers, added friends again, nothing is working.

2 Likes

Try putting a bit of KY jelly on the end of your network cable. That fixed it for me.

2 Likes

Got the exact same issue. The only thing i changed before the socials tab broke, was my clan tag.

1 Like

same here.
my clantag is also changed from DIS to “playstation down button”

Edit: Joining through discord invite works

4 Likes

I got the same problem too, it happened last night

Im having this issue as well. shows all friends but any party options are unavailable … and my clan tag name changed.

2 Likes

Hoping this joining through MW2 fixes the issue for now and they patch this one. I’m glad i’m not the only one with these problems and am not alone!

1 Like

I’m trying to play with my friends since 2 hours and I still have this problem, everyone is showing offline and if I invite someone they can’t join bc it’s says that I’m offline :joy: I losing patience to this, I don’t need to ask, just fix your game now so we have fun :+1:

3 Likes

And my clan tag changed from Wezzy to uez :joy:, and I can’t change my clan tag bc it throws me back to the lobby

1 Like

Im in the same problem

1 Like

Same here, PC only. Everyone appears offline. even though they are not. Fix for now is Launch MW2 and join through friends list there. seems to work so far…

1 Like

Hi I had the same problem but I found a fix till the patch hopefully comes out??? So… try to open the cod hq then go to dmz to launch mw2 and then you should be able to join your friends… If not let them create a party in dmz and then go back to mw3

1 Like