Cannot log into battle.net app Android

Hello!
I’ve got redirected to this forum after opening a ticket.

I have the same problem on both Android (9) and IOS (17)
I’ve followed all the steps even before opening a ticket (English, Chrome, Wiped both devices and installed just bnet)
Nothing works at all

What is interesting is that I am able to login to the PC app and play
When I was trying to login to this forum, I’ve got redirected to EU battle net and I was not able to login (The only way how it worked, was that I’ve clicked on “Reply” button and browser just did it)

It may not be related tho

I am “EU” player, as there are us and eu subdomains question is how the app is handling it (because to me, they look like 2 separate entities from the “login” perspective)

PS: Also I have jumped on the “migration wave” and removed MFA with old Authenticator without reading the forum first :confused:

I have tried to use the app again today and it works.
I’ve got some “new” notification that I need to update the Social section in the Account Settings - > Privacy & …

After checking all the crap, I am able to login

If I try to log in at the android APP, I have the problem that I Can’t confirm my log in via the Authenticator, course the Authenticator can’t pop up during the log in process.

The authenticator will only pop up if I try to log in at the PC for example.

I think, the problem is, that the log in process blogs the authenticator, which is needed to confirm the log in at the App.

so the cat bites its tail.

I had the same Problem and after much trial and Error i found a Fix for me.

My Situation: I could Login into the Website after Copying the code from the Auth App
but the Login didn’t count for the Battle.net App and it kept on requesting that i Login.

Fix: deactivating the Option that requires you to enter a Code for every Login instead of per Device(its where you change the Authenticator Settings)

I had a similar issue. I changed phones and tried to change apps. I was stuck in the loop until I removed the Authenticator from my account. Then, I could log into the app. The app prompted me to set up Authenticator, which I did. Then, it prompts me to log back in, and I’m stuck in the loop again.
I’m tired of this stupidity. This issue has been here for months and remains unresolved. Authenticator is preventing the app log-in from working properly.

1 Like

I had the same problem, this is what fixed it for me.
I used the old authenticator to log into the website on a pc. I then detached my authenticator. After that I logged in successfully into the battlenet mobile app. From there I enabled 2 factor authentication again. Kind of clunky, full of security holes, and will stop working when the old app stops working, but if you do it soon, it will get you ready for when it doesnt work any more.

1 Like

Same problem here. On android, google pixel, battlenet app, on the log in screen, push the login button, animation of the button happens that looks like its been pressed, can’t log in.

Windows app wanted my authenticator code. Android authenticator app said “gotta migrate to android battlenet app”. Can’t log into said android battlenet app. SO I can’t log into my wow account to play. Stupid blizzard.

4 Likes

I have this issue, as well. Samsung S21 FE, default browser is Chrome. Got the message on my authenticator that it’s migrating so I should install the bnet app. When I log into the bnet app, it just redirects me back to the login page and requests password. Clicking the ‘Open Authenticator’ button does nothing, just infinite loading visual. I also have the ‘Oops, something has gone wrong’ error pop up.

I’ve tried every troubleshooting suggestion, including talking to support. Clearing cache, rebooting phone, reinstalling app, re-coupling and installing a new authenticator, changing default browser, updating firmware etc. Nothing is working. Support eventually told me to ‘report it here’ and marked the issue as resolved, when it obviously isn’t. Very frustrating, I just want to use the authenticator as I could before.

1 Like

How about just fix the app? Is blizzard not very handy with computers or something?

1 Like

Hi!

My solution: try to login, use the option to login with the manual method, get the numbers from the old app and copy&paste it.

Once succesfully logged in activate the authenticator in the new app.

Just did it this way a few minutes ago. Cheers!

Kind regards,
BeRu

Pressing log in on the Blizzard app on my android phone does absolutely nothing. It shows that it is being pushed down, but nothing happens. All of the advices above do not work. I had to remove the authenticator to be able to post here.

Still an unresolved issue after 5 months. Cannot log into the app when Firefox is the default Android browser, only fix is to switch to Chrome for the log-in the switch back to Firefox afterwards.

Changing browsers did not work in my case. My account is connected to my google account so I tried it with logging in with google and it worked ( I used brave ). I don’t know what was the issue but It was really annoying. Just make logging interface in the app? Why do the app open a browser inside? Whats the need of it?

I recommend you guys to connect your account to google, steam or smt in the connection page in battlenet site. Then try to login with it. Thats just so dumb.

The authenticator works perfectly to login to complain on the forums, but I can’t login to the mobile app so I can actually play games. lol… :neutral_face:

I am having this issue as well. The app just spins on “still connecting” and never fully loads. It has never worked for me, no now and not in the last few months. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and cleared app cache.

edit - I changed my default browser to chrome and I am still stuck at the same step. I have tried using the authenticator by just hitting approve and also copying the code and pasting that in. Same result either way.

edit 2 - I just updated to app version 1.21.2.14 with the same results. I have also been clearing the cache on the chrome page the app opens up so that everything is cleaned out. No change in results.

Device - Samsung S8+
Android Version - 9
Authenticator Version - 2.6.5.5
Battle.net App Version - 1.21.2.14(currently but it didn’t work on older versions either)
Default browser on this device - Vivaldi(Chrome Based)-I have changed it to Chrome for troubleshooting

Flip5 fully updated. Switching from Firefox to Chrome allowed me to login finally. Clean app install.

1 Like

had firefox set as my default browser, and I was getting the same error. I switched to chrome as default browser, managed to log in, and switched back to firefox as default. It seems to work now

Yup, this fixed it. Thank you

setting Chrome as default browser also did the job (bugged with Firefox)

this bug is lame + no warning / info / hint on what happens during login…

It’s December 28th… the Authenticator app stops working next week (January 5th). I’ve been trying on and off for months to fix this, I have a Google Pixel device. I just found this thread otherwise I would have said something sooner.

How are they gonna put the authenticator into the battle.net app when you can’t even get into it in the first place :(((((