Cannot boot Warzone

I cannot open Warzone without it crashing my PC every time. When I open it, it either crashes outright, opens a dialog box saying that Warzone did not close properly last time and recommends me to open it in safe mode (resulting in the same crash, regardless of if I open it in safe mode or not), or it will make it past the safe mode question and show the initial loading card (with the 80’s action heroes or whatever) and crash before that loading bar completes. Mind you, this crash isn’t just Warzone crashing, it is my whole PC crashing - my screen goes black, and then my pc reboots. Also, I don’t see a log or an error code when this happens.

Here’s my specs:

• Ryzen 5 5600x (not overclocked)
  • GTX 1070
  • ASUS TUF x570 motherboard
  • 16GB RAM @ 3400Mhz (I forget the brand)
  • EVGA 750W PSU
  • 2 x Samsung 870 Evo SSD (C drive is 500GB, D drive is 1TB)

Here’s what I’ve tried:

• Running Battle.Net as an Administrator
  • Setting both ModernWarfare.exe and Modern Warfare Launcher.exe to run as an Administrator as well as disabling fullscreen optimizations (in the file properties)
  • Reinstalling Warzone
  • Scanning and Repairing Warzone
  • Wiping all my drives and reinstalling everything
  • Changing a line in the Registry Editor (win+r, regedit, Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography\MachineGuild)
  • Added “-d3d11” to additional command line arguments
  • Updated Nvidia Drivers
  • Closed all programs before starting
  • Monitored PC temperatures
  • Swapping from a GTX 1060 3GB to a GTX 1070
  • Reinstalling Battle.Net
  • Deleting certain files from the D:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Modern Warfare file and updating the game
  • Allowing MW through my Windows firewall
  • And probably some other stuff that I can’t remember

Also, at one point yesterday, it was letting me in the game. When I queued for a match, long story short, Warzone would freeze with the DEV ERROR CODE 6036. I tried to solve this issue; one of the solutions was to Scan and Repair Warzone, which broke it once again. Got back to that point a couple of times, can’t seem to fix it again.

It seems that only MW, Warzone, and Cold War crash my pc at this point. I don’t know what else to do. Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

This happens to me to but I don’t get any error.
It started with crashing in menu and then it started crashing in loading screen before menu. Game ran fine on ultra settings until a couple of weeks ago when it started crashing.

My specs:

Gigabyte B365M DS3H Motherboard (Not especially for gaming)
I7 - 9700K 3.60GH (not overclocked)
Gigabyte RTX 2060 SUPER GAMING OC 8GB
HyperX 32 GB @ 2400Mhz
SSD 500GB (where Win and Game is installed)

1 Like

I am having the same exact problem on my PC with very similar nvidia specs. I have disabled the geforce overlay and tried various geforce game ready driver setups including disabling v-sync. Not sure what I can do at this point to fix this problem on my end, I can’t even get the game lobby screen to load before it crashes and takes my entire system down with it. My windows 10 event logs don’t show any errors, just an unexpected shutdowns. PC doesn’t have any issues, I have 7 fans, PC is running about 45-50°C. My PC has only ever locked up or crashed running Warzone. From the moment I downloaded this game I have had issues with hangs, glitches, and crashing. Was considering purchasing more but not going to spend any money when the entire platform is so unstable.

2 Likes

Hello, I have this exact same problem. It’s very frustrating. Have you by any chance solved this issue ? @envision

Please tell me if you resolved this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there,

Limitations with Blizzard Support for Activision titles.
In regards to Warzone, we only handle the distribution of the game client for Activision. We will assist with anything related to the desktop application and anything with the game client that involves purchasing, activating, downloading/installing and launching. Anything that occurs after you can press the play button is going to be addressed through the Activision support portal: Support Options | Activision Support

This forum is for Classic Blizzard Game Community support (eg Diablo II 2000) For anything relating to Activision titles use the portal linked above.