Can I change CD key after installation? [DIablo II]

Is it possible to change the CD key after installation? That is, if I install now with one CD key, can I change it later?

You sure can, uninstalling the game is the easiest way to remove the CD Keys and installing the game should prompt the new CD keys to be entered. The CD Key information is stored in the registry for Diablo II. Uninstalling the game should lift the registry for the CD Key and allow new ones to be entered, but sometimes it may have some trouble with the registry.

If you have any issues with the registry resetting after the uninstall, there’s a few ways that the registry can be reset. For both of these, please make sure Diablo II is uninstalled.

• New Admin should reset the registry and request a new CD Key upon reinstall.
  • This is not supported by Blizzard as registry edits can cause issues with the system, please do take precaution if you would prefer a registry edit. The regedit location is under this location, delete any entries under this registry:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II

Once either of these are done, reinstalling the game should prompt the new CD Key to be entered.