Can’t remove old phone number, change it, or contact customer support

As per title. I tried to remove an old phone from my account. The number is no longer valid, but to remove it, I need to get a code they sent to the non-existent number. I also can’t add a new number for the same reason. I can’t contact customer support either because AGAIN I need the number which no longer exists.

I’m not going to send a scan of a personal ID to Blizzard. Any suggestions on what to do?

4 Likes

I am sorry to tell you this, but if you can’t verify you are the registered account holder then CS will not change information on the account. This is done to prevent account compromise.

All Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is handed in accordance with US Federal and California laws and regulations. Failure to do so would get Blizzard in serious legal trouble.

This is the article about what types of documentation are accepted

It seems the ID policy has recently changed and Blizzard now requires you to put paper covering all info except the key things they need as defined in the article.

1 Like

Can you cite me laws and regulations that require Blizzard to gate off customer support like this? I can’t even support an email because even that requires a phone.

1 Like

Blizzard does not take tickets via email. You are able to put in a Support ticket through the website without being logged in to your Bnet account. Yes, that does require ID.

There are no laws that I know of requiring any company to “gate” support. Blizzard’s choice to require ID proof you are the account holder before changing access to the account, is Blizzard’s policy.

What Blizzard does with that information is what is governed by law and regulations. Misuse or negligence would result in legal issues for Blizzard (or any other company that does not properly handle your personal information).

Also, to clarify something, this particular forum is for Tech Support issues installing the Blizzard Desktop Application. There are no Customer Support (Account) reps who come here.

1 Like

So that’s it then? Cool.

It is up to you if you want to submit a form of ID that Blizzard asks for or not. If you opt not to, then no, Blizzard won’t change the information on the account.

Howdy TaxOwlbear,

This is the tech support forums so we aren’t able to assist with account issues. However we do comply with General Data Protection Regulations though so IDs would be purged after verification to protect your privacy. You can read about this here.

1 Like