Call of Duty Scan and Repair Loop

battle.net scan and repair loop in cod warzone i have tried deleting idx files,uninstalling and reinstalling battle.net app and deleting battle.net cache not working

Hey there! This sort of behavior with the Battle.net Desktop App can typically be resolved by performing a “clean re-installation”. To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. Uninstall the Blizzard Battle.net App (skip Step 6 for now, we will re-install later).

2. Next (before re-installing) let’s delete any Battle.net, Blizzard, and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders in the Windows temporary file locations below. If you don’t see all 3 folders in each location, that is okay—just delete the folders you have):

• Press Windows Key + R and type: %LOCALAPPDATA%. Delete any Battle.net, Blizzard, and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders.
    • Repeat the process for %APPDATA%, %TEMP%, and %PROGRAMDATA%. Delete any Battle.net, Blizzard, and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders.
  3. Finally, re-install the App.

If this does not fix it, try the following to narrow this down further:

1. Try a DNS Flush to clear out any corrupted or stagnate data.
  2. Fully update or temporarily uninstall security programs which may be interfering with your connection to the server(s). More information on troubleshooting security applications here, if curious.
  3. Test an alternate network such as a mobile hotspot to determine whether the problem is isolated to your current network.

Let us know how it goes!

2 Likes

FINALLY!! It is resolved for me now. The first three steps didn’t work, later I had deactivated the anti virus but still it wouldn’t work, I uninstalled the anti virus and did the scan and repair, it got fixed. Installed back the anti virus and everything is running fine and I hope it stays the same :slight_smile:

You have a formatted copy and paste, yet this issue isn’t resolved? How does repairing my files cause an infinite loop that requires you to uninstall and flush your DNS? (still didnt work)…

Who coded this garbage and forgot to code a cancel feature? LOL

A file check should not be this difficult… but thanks for not letting me play my games anymore…

Blizzard has lost its touch on everything lately.

EDIT: how have I deleted everything about this game, reinstalled everything, yet it is still trying to update. Now thats what you call a broken client

4 Likes

still no fix, and ive contacted support. can you ask the coders to add a cancel function or are they that useless?

We’ve recently started seeing the repair loop issues or the BB8/840 errors within the Blizzard client. From what we’ve recently been seeing, the most consistent resolutions or workarounds have been to reinstall the game completely and trying an alternative connection or VPN if applicable.

As technical support, we are not the developers or engineers. We only assist with technical issues that can be resolved through troubleshooting. Our Blizzard Application team does not manage the technical support forums and may not check these forums for any bugs or feedback provided by you all. Instead, for any bugs or feedback, you will want to report them on the #bug-report or #feedback-discussion forums.

This is just crazy . I was playing fine when my game crashes , after u tried to restarted it I’m getting a scan and repair going on . Ok , I was like "let this finish , might be necessary " . Once it reached the end (30 mins lates) I’m getting a BB8 code . Tried every possible solution I found online , dnsflush , deleting cache .idx creating new admin , alternate connection , reinstalling the client ,uninstalling my antivirus , disabling windows protection , …none of this is working., I’m still stuck at infinite scan and repair loop with a BB8 error at the end ? So Tech support - any solutions that actually work and does not require as redownloading something we are paying for .

Hey folks,

We haven’t been able to reproduce this on our end yet, which likely means that something else is fighting us for control of the files or there’s some kind of network error. Please test the steps in the blue posts above to see if either fixes the issue. If they don’t work, test uninstalling any security programs you’re running and trying from a new admin account if that fails.

I had the error and the following steps solved the problem:

• Go to firewall and protection in windows settings
  • Turn off all firewall options
  • Scan and repair the game
  • After scan and repair is complete, turn firewalls back on

I did this and it didnt work, it keeps saying something broke and to try again. good thing i got this for free otherwise id be more pissed

Check this out https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/t/cod-warzone-scan-and-repair-loop-blzbntagt00000bb8-errors/11563/39?u=cujo-11837