Call of Duty Modern Warfare - Unexpectedly Large Patch (March 27, 2020)

Interesting enough, I discovered that if you “backup” your COD:MW installation while the launcher is opened. The launcher will think the game is corrupted for some reason and trigger a scan and repair automatically (this can last up to 30-45 mins).

Indeed, as @Frank said, I don’t think there’s an actual fix coming. They’ll expect people to find a way to download the whole thing again which is a shame.

Yeah that’s what I mean the launcher is the culprit! Whilst we all struggle the xbox and ps players have no issues at all lol

I downloaded Warzone 6 times since it was released…first time it was 6328 error, second time it was battle net server crashing, 3rd time it was 1st update fail, 4th time it was 2nd update fail, 5th is this last update fail, and 6th was again 6328 error…next will be on 08.04. when they release new update…every download lasted for 12h so i wasted a lot of time…i know that i will never ever buy a battle pass in this game for sure…

1 Like

im personally just waiting for the next season to start which is 4 days away i think? hopefully i will just download that for once and for all :smiley:

Meanwhile I’m still waiting for the download to finish with no actual guarantees that it won’t give me an error when I boot it up and need to redownload it entirely AGAIN. With the amount of emails and posts I’ve done this past week they clearly don’t give a sh_t, I’ve lost money with this Battlepass and I won’t buy the next one, this game is finished for me unless I get compensated for all the time and money I lost because of this sh_t. I lost my calm 8 days without a single response from support is unacceptable and I won’t stop trying until I get an answer and compensation, even Ubisoft isn’t as much of an assh_le when it comes to support.

I asked for a refund as this is unacceptable.
I’ve downloaded the full game 3 times within a few weeks.

They have declined my refund and refused any compensation for the days and days I just stare at this game downloading… AGAIN.

This will be my last Blizzard purchase.

Downloading the IDX’s files worked for me. This is the only game I can play with my brother who’s in isolation for the next 3 months so thank you so much!

1 Like

dev error 6164 now…

2 Likes

Hey, i replaced those files and it went from 83gb update to 9gb! Huge thanks my man!

i will report back if the game works, i hope it does because it’s gonna take me a whole week to redownload it

Cheers mate

It seems your message with a link to IDX was deleted. But replacing your files helped reduce the download from 170GB to 30GB. Thank you dude, I hope the game now works!

nope… dev error 6164 now… game crashes

I have just finished downloading the whole thing from scratch and now the game seems to be working smoothly, I got no dev error whatsoever and I was able to play online as well. I hope it stays that way but seeing how trash this client is I wouldn’t be so sure.
I am sorry guys, I really do hope this absolute joke of a company comes out with a proper fix for this issue since not everyone has the ability to easily download this size of a file (especially when they are making the multiplayer accessible to everyone for free).
Season 3 is coming in a few days and I am really curious to see how this launcher behaves since they will probably be hitting us with another huge patch (I will neber understand the size of these so called updates).
Needless to say this will be the last activision blizzard product I will ever buy

1 Like

Quick update to say that the post I wrote on reddit just like some others asking for help about this update or an error resulting of the update have been closed by moderators, so now on top of not giving a damn they’re just trying to cover up their mess… absolutely ridiculous…

1 Like

Yep just swept under the carpet, download 171gb maybe once twice or three times and you will be fine for now… probably until the next update is released

2 Likes

So I finished my download last night which went from 171gb to 20gb but whenever I get to the main menu and try and press warzone or multiplayer etc the game just freezes and I get an error saying ‘content package is no longer available’. Anyone got any suggestions?

Swap your IDX files back and scan n repair, then resume the download, it will be whatever you were on before minus the 20gb you did last night.

To hazard a guess I think the IDX files are a download manifest for the update client, swapping to someone elses the client goes “Oh only 20gb of these files needed” and downloads them. This manifest is then modified after this download and looks complete so the game can launch, however files are missing so it crashes.

Swapping back to your original IDX files and running the scan and repair makes the client see what it really needs to download by comparing what you have got with the manifest so takes the 20GB its already done out of the equation.

Long story short - swap the IDX files back and run scan and repair, then finish the download.

PS BLIZZARD YOU SUCK

1 Like

This didn’t work. I swapped the IDX files and it wants to download the same 150gb which I already had.

Yeah theres no way around the download, but if you swapped the IDX and downloaded 20 it wont work as the launcher thinks the game is complete but it isnt, then you will have to swap back the IDX files and the launcher will have to download 150 instead 170… 170 - 20 = 150

Basically you have to download it all as far as I can tell.

Swapping the files back just unbreaks the file manifest.

Hey again everyone,

We’ve been monitoring both our ticket queues and this thread for the past few days, and all reports are of people who already had broken files. At this point I’m going to close the thread out with the supported resolution. The bug that originally caused this is fixed now. To get back in, you must finish your current download, but it should not break again as long as your battle.net application is up to date.

While we agree that this is not the best experience, especially in light of the current content distribution issues discussed here, this is the only method we support to regain the files. If you have problems downloading the files, you should try downloading them later at night/overnight.

Sorry again that this got in the way of you all playing your game, thanks for working with us throughout this process, and if you end up having any other technical issues with the launcher, please let us know.