Call of Duty Modern Warfare - BLZBNTAGT00000840 or BLZBNTAGT000008A4 errors

Same issue here, I had multiple failures trying to download even from Americas. Textures are not loading properly. Some are fine, some are super broken. Doing a game file check and repair and see what happens.

yes indeed that works for me also!
switched between europe and america didn’t work

Had issues where cod warzone would not connect to servers. So uninstalled the game and tried to re-install it. Now battlenet won’t even install the game. Re-installed battlenet but it’s doing the same thing. Battle is set to open as admin.

2 Likes

I have the same problem and i get the message “We’re having a problem tranferring data. Please check your internet connection just in case and try again.” but i have tried everything and my steam works fine

1 Like

Same issue here. Installation lasts for a few seconds, then comes to a stop. Pausing and resuming allows for a few seconds of installation, but I’m not going to install 80 gb like that.

2 Likes

I’m getting the BLZBNTAGT00000840 error message anytime I try to download Modern Warfare. I had warzone by itself before I bought the rest of the game and it worked without any problems at all. I’ve tried switching my region during the download and it worked for maybe 5 minutes and then cancelled the update and went back to giving me the error message. I’ve tried every fix on the website help page for the error and everything on this trend and don’t know what else I can do.

4 Likes

Thiqqward I am also having the same problem. I get 1/4 of the way through the download and I get the error code BLZBNTAGT00000840 also. Literally tried everything in the book. Do not know what to do. I paid 60 dollars for a game I cant even play.

1 Like

Of course it went on sale today too through april 13th

At least I am not the only one that is having issues with the error code BLZBNTAGT00000840. Really wish there was a definite solution to this problem I am having. My game was working fine until they released the Battle Royale

1 Like

Worked for me as well, thanks!

Today the game started redownloading and I keep getting dl errors - while redownloading 84 gb o_O. newest patch was installed a few days ago, and have played on it

For people searching for a solution to this problem, I found a way to bypass this error.
Login into webpage Battle.net
after this click “play for free” download the mini client setup (4.0mb) then open it and it will update “battlenet client” then you can install normally COD MW.
You are welcome

Hi all, I had 8A4 error for the last few days but I have finally fixed it. My specific issue meant that it would download for a few seconds then hang up, then give the 8A4 error - if I continuously paused and unpaused the error then it would download (but can’t do that for 171GB). Things I tried:

• Changing region from Europe to Americas/Asia (I am in the UK)
  • Deleting current download and reinstalling from scratch
  • Setting download speed restriction
  • Removing download speed restriction
  • Reinstalling Battle.net
  • Rebooting with all startup programs disabled

Then someone mentioned using a VPN on Reddit. I googled around and found a VPN with a free 7 day trial for their premium service (no speed restriction/data cap), set it to America, and finally I am downloading the game at 15MB/s. I won’t say what VPN I used as I don’t want it to come across as advertising, but have a look around if you have tried every other troubleshooting method and nothing has worked.

Also - let’s try and not be too upset with the devs for this, we are in the middle of a global pandemic so I’m sure they are all short-staffed and working as hard as they can to resolve.

Best of luck!!

Yes that works also for me with 10000KB/s (10MB/s) instead of unlimited, thank you! (doesn’t work by changing the location from Europe to America)

This!!! thank you very much mate

I logged out and changed the location from EU to USA before logging back in. So far the download of CoD MW has been way smoother, besides a couple of errors. I recommend you do the same if you’re trying to download a game and the transfer is constantly stopping due to errors.

2 Likes

I seem to have the same issue as almost everyone here, the latest patch isn’t downloading. First the patch will download normally, then after a minute or so it stops and gives me the error BLZBNTAGT000008A4. So I tried to re-install the game, but now it is doing the same thing, but now for the whole game.

I have been unable to fix it, what I have tried (between each fix I tried to download the game):

• restarting my pc
  • ran the repair tool supplied by Blizzard
  • disabling my security programs
  • change my region to americas
  • closed all other application
  • ran a virus scan
  • Deleted all battle.net and blizzard files and tried to download again, worked for 20 min, after that I got the same error message

Is there another fix for this/is there an ETA for the fix by Blizzard?

1 Like

I have tried so many different things, looks like the battlenet client updated from 11914 to 11943 maybe this has something to do with it and thats where the problem is…

I found solution for me. Try downloading safervpn and downloading using it. For it helped and now its downloading normally. Have a look some websites give trial for vpn so use them to download game.

Changing from EU to Americas didn’t work. Setting my VPN to US East Coast and restarting battle.net worked and the game is downloading about 14 mb/s(normally 80-110 mb/s speeds). Is way slower than without vpn but at least it is downloading at all.