Call of Duty Modern Warfare - BLZBNTAGT00000840 or BLZBNTAGT000008A4 errors

So did I last Saturday. But wait, there’s more! Today it seems I need to download the 80 something GB patch. Again. With the same issues yet I have around 20 stoppages so far. Good job BlizAct, good job.

1 Like

Хм, может мой отзыв будет полезен кому то из рашн комьюнити. В общем проблема началась с того, что установленная игра начала качать обнову на 178 гб(что равносильно целой игре), со скоростью 2-3 мб/с, после чего я решил поменять расположения директорий и прочие манипуляции с папками(переименовывать их и т.д.) - ничего не помогло. Игру в итоге пришлось удалить, чтоб лишние 170 гб потом не висели ни где. Проверить целостность кстати тоже не помогло. Потом как я удалил игру, начались проблемы со скачиванием - ошибка BLZBNTAGT000008A4. Снести баттл.нет подчистую тоже не помогло, как и перезагрузка ПК и т.д. и т.п… Единственное что помогло её исправить это сменить регион на Америку. Посмотрим, как быстро скачается игра и что будет дальше, но сейчас скорость ~1,5 мб/с :С

I have been hit by all three of these issues. I could not play at all yesterday and am still stuck today. This already happened earlier in the week too.

First - the update required me to download 175gb of data (I did a scan and repair which knocked 20 gig off).

Then it downloaded ridiculously slowly. (Always between 1-3mb/s when elsewhere I get 8mb/s or more. I tried switching region and using a VPN but no difference).

Then it would error every so often. Now, when your client errors it actually freezes the download until the user manually clicks OK and Update again. So I left it over night, already dissapointed that I could not play yesterday, only to see that it had managed about 1gig before throwing up an error message and pausing the download again. That is a hideous design flaw.

So right now I am clicking OK and Update every so often while I wait for the sloooow download of an unneccesarily huge amount of data. That is a perfect storm, triple threat level of broken.

Blizzard/Activision are clearly taking the same old-school approach to customer service as giant telecom companies or beauracratic public services. That is to say an adversarial approach. To be fair this is not helped by the toxic and entitled vibes that many of the young users on this forum give off. But Blizzard/Activision do owe people what they have paid for. And by any stretch of the imagination this level of problem, with this scale of people affected, deserves a REAL response - properly recognising it, apologising, and explaining how it will be fixed and compensated.

The old school nefarious tactic - of burying this in a hidden forum post, trying to make sure that it does not hit any of the gaming news, avoiding actually owning the mistake and engaging with people to get them sorted, then forgetting about it and letting the problem happen again next time - is unethical and not good enough.

3 Likes

By now I also tried to set my VPN to USA west coast, still getting the error after 40gb of the download

This is happening because their CDN provider has put stuff in place to limit the amount of stuff you can download on their CDN due to the Coronavirus. you can use a VPN to bypass this though. For example if you’re in the EU, connect to a server in the US.

They’re just trying to make sure their CDN doesn’t grind to a holt since they also do the CDN for Sony and Steam I think as well.

I pressed “Pause” “Resume” button repeatedly until my download finished #BLZBNTAGT000008A4 while updating CoD:MW

I found connecting to a VPN fixed this issue for me. I was getting the BLZBNTAGT000008A4 message when attempting to download updates when not on a VPN. Hope that helps someone.

Hey all,

I wanted to follow up on this now that we have some more information on this today. We recently posted some more information on why this is happening at this current scale at this sticky thread.

Unfortunately other than what is already posted at the top of this thread, there’s not much else you can do to resolve this issue.

We will continue to update the top of this thread with the best work arounds we have, but please be advised that this current situation is very much intended for the reasons mentioned in this link, and all we can do right now is optimize with the intentionally limited bandwidth we are working with at the moment.

I am very harmed with this and the money that i invested was a waste with this, becuause you guys don’t give us real answers and we need the problem solved and we need to be compensated for it.

We support the game, we who bought the game are suffering because all the money we used on it its now wasted and that us showed trough your bad support and answers.

I want you guys to give us real compensation, no double xp bullcrap, we want stuff worth the money otherwise you (all blizzard and activision) are making a big scamming sistem.

2 Likes

got the same problem since two days getting error code BLZBNTAGT00000840 whats wrong there?

2 Likes

biggest scamm of all time in games company yeah…

1 Like

Please guys help me I have the BLZBNTAGT00000840 error since ten hours and I tried everything.
None of Blizzard’s topics helped me so this is my last hope.

1 Like

Quick search led me to this;

Have you tried rebooting your PC, restarting the program and running the program as Administrator? (Right click shortcut, Run as administrator) those things usually help.

Yes I tried… I also tried to delete Battle.net and Modern Warfare and I have the same error with Modern Warfare around the 10 last Go…

2 Likes

I had to change the name of the BlizzardBrowser folder which can be found in the game install location. My error was BLZBNTAGT00000840. BlizzardBrowser folder was the corrupted folder for me. Some times it may be a different file. So go to your install location and click open folders or files. Corrupted file or folder will not open. So rename it. Sorry for my English.

I have tried everything in this article:

plus uninstalling the game and Battle.net: nothing helped.

Connecting to a VPN (in USA) fixed this issue for me (from Europe).

no dont fix ur platform let ppl solve it by themselfe… nice support

1 Like

So i hope i will be able to save some people with the error BLZBNTAGT00000840 !
Go to your hard disk where the game is instaled and :
Right click -> properties -> click tools -> error checking -> click CHECK and repair now !!
i hope it works , good luck to everyone !!

TheMedicines fix worked for me!! Thank you so much!!

Downloading now after a disk repair

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.