Brown Battle.net Persistent

I am trying to update the brown battle.net launcher so that I can use the new UI features.

For some reasons unknown to me the battle.net is still on the old brown UI version and I live in North America and as far I am aware the newer launcher is live in NA region as per this article.

The only way I can force the newer UI to show up is to switch to beta branch.

The version under settings is 1.31.0.12601 if that helps.

Hey Plaguebone,

The new BDA is being rolled out in stages. It’s possible that it just hasn’t been pushed to your account yet.

Howdy Plaguebone,

This isn’t out yet for all players but you can swap to it by clicking the Blizzard logo on the top left and click Settings and then go to the Beta section.

I am aware of this already.

If the beta was rolling in stages then why a brief sentence barely convey this?

The BETA is already out for anyone who wants to switch to it. The Public Release Version is what is rolling out in stages - and what you don’t have yet.

The article makes it clear that the changes are just starting and won’t all be rolled out at once. It does so in several places.

• We’re getting ready to roll out the biggest front-end upgrade to Battle.net in years. (This means that the changes have not been rolled out yet)
  • For everyone else, you’ll see some major changes when your client’s patched from the live version of Battle.net to the new version: (The term “when” indicates a time in the future, not something that has already happened).
  • The new patch will go out to parts of North America first so that we can ensure its stability. (Parts of NA means not ALL of NA).
  • We’ll roll it out further in the weeks ahead, including to other player regions. (The rest of NA, and other regions will get the updates in the FUTURE)
1 Like

Even then I read it differently than you did.

I only saw one line mentioning the partial roll out and I missed it twice reading it over. I didn’t even knew there was a beta launcher until a week ago when the article came out.

Which is a problem with not making it clear enough because most comment could also well apply to a full roll out situation. Except for this line which I missed:

The new patch will go out to parts of North America first so that we can ensure its stability.