Broken scan and repair

Hi I’m having a problem with my battle net launcher particularly for classic wow I tried to run a scan and repair it took about 30 mins then said it was starting to repair file but then goes right back to scanning if I left it alone it would do this all day. I tried to uninstall but it says it can’t uninstall during a scan please help

Hey there codeman!

Thank you for taking the time to reach out with those details. This scan & repair looping behavior can have a few potential causes ranging from corrupted local Battle.net files to a network-related issue. Let’s try the following to narrow this down further:

1. Uninstall the Blizzard Battle.net App (skip Step 6 for now, we will re-install later).

2. Next (before re-installing) delete any Battle.net, Blizzard, and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders in the Windows temporary file locations below. If you don’t see all 3 folders in each location, that is okay—just delete the folders you have):

• Press Windows Key + R and type: %LOCALAPPDATA%. Delete any Battle.net, Blizzard, and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders.
    • Repeat the process for %APPDATA%, %TEMP%, and %PROGRAMDATA%. Delete any Battle.net, Blizzard, and/or Blizzard Entertainment folders.
  3. Finally, re-install the Battle.net Desktop App.

If the problems continue after re-installing the App, try temporarily removing any installed anti-virus programs that might interfere with the Blizzard Agent. It’s not uncommon to find that even the most popular anti-virus programs can prevent the Blizzard Agent from running due to mistakenly identifying it as a security threat. ESET has a list of the most common anti-virus program uninstallers on their website here.

I hope these steps do the trick! Let us know how it goes!