Bnet BLANK chat window on startup

When I do NOT have any games open, and a friend sends me a bnet chat message, the chat window opens up completely blank below the namebar.

Example: I see “Stancia” and the fact my friend is Online, but everything BELOW that point is a near-black dark blue with NO chat log and NO chat window to type any text into. I get NOTHING from it until I either completely close & reopen bnet OR go to the Notification Bell, or completely close it and open my Friends menu and THEN open the chat for “Stancia.”

This bug has been happening since at least the last time bnet updated, possibly the patch just before that one. Since the last one for absolute certain.

It’s very annoying. Please fix it?

2 Likes

I’m having the same exact problem and it’s annoying. I have to close the chat windows and reopen it to see the contents. And I agree, I’ve been seeing it since the last bnet app update.

Same here. I don’t know if it will work for you, but I can fix it over here by dragging the window a bit; any distance is fine, so long as you move it at all.

I have been having this problem and looking for others experiencing it with any solution for over a week now. I am on a new computer so was thinking it might be a new program messing with battlenet, even did a full reinstall of battlenet. Moving the chat window a bit lets me see the contents without closing and reopening, but either way it seems a weird problem.

Same here, I haven’t seen a blue post on it yet.

I have the same issue for month now. Even though the workaround with closing the chat-window and reopening it via the notification bell icon kinda helps, it’s quite frustrating and annoying to do this every time I receive a message. Please fix this already!

@Blizzard - This issue still hasn’t been resolved yet! It’s getting really annoying.

Chiming in that it’s still an issue as well.

This began happening since around the time my launcher was updated to the new version.

Every pop-up chat window automatically created by someone messaging you(either by not being in a game, or by having “automatically create pop-out windows for new chats” enabled) will cause the message box to be blank/black, until the window is closed out and manually re-opened.

so is blizz going to stop being lazy and fix this after 4months??? FFS

I solved the problem by disabling “use browser hardware acceleration” under advanced features option

Still having this issue myself.

I had the same problem for months now and it was annoying. xendor’s solution solved my problem.

Thanks xendor! :slight_smile:

1 Like

i am glad i could help someone :slight_smile: