Blzbntbts0000005d

Hello,
I get the error message BLZBNTBTS0000005D when I start the launcher. I followed the recommended steps but when I tried to re-install it again, I got the message again preventingit from re-installing. Does anyone have an idea what I could do now?

Hey there!

Thank you for taking the time to report this. This specific error code typically indicates that the Update Agent was prevented from running. Antivirus or firewall software could be a factor here if the software is out-of-date or configured to mistakenly identify the Update Agent as a security threat. Updating or temporarily uninstalling your security software can help resolve this.

Note: Some security programs may be difficult to uninstall. ESET maintains a comprehensive list of common antivirus uninstallation tools on their website.

If you don’t have antivirus or firewall software installed – or if updating/uninstalling it doesn’t fix the problem – try deleting the Battle.net Tools folder to remove lingering Battle.net files that could cause issues.

If you have no luck and the error persists, many potential problems related to your installation of Windows can be resolved by creating a new administrator account, logging into it, and trying the re-install there.

If the installation only works consistently on the new admin account, this could indicate damaged or missing Windows system files or an issue with how the old user account is configured. This is somewhat common, and the easiest fix is to move any user-specific files that you wish to keep from the old user account to the new admin account. You can also work with Microsoft’s Support to troubleshoot the problem with the old account if preferred.

Hopefully these steps help get you fixed up. Let us know if you have any questions going forward. Cheers!

2 Likes